Fantasy football help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I'm such a damn noob, and my team literally sucks a pile of crap. Yet I'm somehow 3-1 thus far.

My Team lineup for week 5 as it sits right now:

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Ten
RB Darren Sproles NO
RB Da'Rel Scott NYG
RB/WR DeAngelo Williams (RB) Car -Keeper-
WR Wes Welker Den
WR DeSean Jackson Phi
WR Brandon Gibson Mia
TE Antonio Gates SD
D/ST Texans
K Adam Vinatieri Ind

On my bench:

QB RGIII Wsh (Bye week) -Keeper- for now...
QB Carson Palmer Ari
RB Michael Bush Chi
RB Johnathan Franklin GB
WR Leonard Hankerson Wsh (Bye week)
TE Dallas Clark Bal
D/ST Cowboys
K Greg Zuerlein StL

On my IR spot:
WR Michael Crabtree SF (Out until november)

------------------------------------------------------

Right now I have two friends who are offering trades.

Trade A consists of:

I pickup from him:
WR Kenbrell Thompkins NE
QB Russell Wilson Sea
RB Joique Bell Det
RB Danny Woodhead SD

I send to him:
WR Wes Welker Den
QB RGIII Wsh
RB Michael Bush Chi

The second trade from someone else is as follows:

I pickup:
WR Danny Amendola NE

I send to him:
WR Wes Welker Den

I'm not entirely comfortable getting rid of Welker, especially for a WR I've never even heard of. Welker is consistantly near the top of my list on fantasy points every week even though Manning has TONS of targets to throw to.

The second trade just dumbfounds me, I don't get why he would want the #2 receiver for the #1 receiver?

Last edited:
I never would have spotted that if you guys hadn't said they let Scott go. Thanks. Just redid my lineup.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Ten
RB Darren Sproles NO
RB DeAngelo Williams (RB) Car -Keeper-
RB/WR Johnathan Franklin GB
WR Wes Welker Den
WR DeSean Jackson Phi
WR Brandon Gibson Mia
TE Antonio Gates SD
D/ST Texans
K Adam Vinatieri Ind

Franklin is still questionable to be put in though. Last week I forgot to take Michael Bush out and scored exactly 0 points with him.

You're hurting bad on RB. Who is on waiver? Can you flex someone else in then Franklin?

Wes and Jackson are must starts at WR.

Alright we've got:

Chris Ogbonnava Cle who's probable.
Andre Ellington Ari
Ronnie Hillman Den
LeGarrette Blount NE
Roy Helu Wsh
Daniel Thomas Mia
Marcel Reece Oak who's Questionable.
Vonta Leach Bal
Brandon Bolden NE - Questionable
Bruce Miller SF
Ronnie Brown SD
Jackie Battle Ten
Felix Jones Pit
Donald Brown Ind
Jordan Todman Jac
Alfonso Smith Ari
Chris Polk Phi
Marcus Thigpen Mia
Anthony Sherman KC

and tons more. Any talent in this list that isn't second/third string and barely going to get any snaps? Only name I really know is Donald Brown (I'm a colts fan).

Last edited:
I'd ultimately like to pick up 3 decent Running Backs, I'd be willing to part with:

RB Michael Bush Chi
RB Johnathan Franklin GB
WR Brandon Gibson Mia
RB Da'Rel Scott NYG (now that I know he's in free agency)

Blount or Bolden are options if Ridley doesn't play this week.

What about Rashad Jennings? He available?

Try trading.

Only trades I've been offered will take Welker from my team. I'm not willing to part with him. The guy I'm playing this week has Rashad Jennings.

Started to look through the waiver wire recommendations and ESPN reviews of players.

I dropped Scott, Michael Bush, Dallas Clark (he hasn't been getting many receptions lately), and Palmer (Don't need 3 QBs).

Then picked up Donald Brown, Blount (I know NE is mostly a passing team), Charles Clay (Need a TE when Gates goes on bye in Wk 8), and Robert Woods.

I have now:

Fitzpatrick
Sproles
DeAngelo Williams
Donald Brown
Welker
DeSean Jackson
Woods
Gates
Texans
Vinatieri

as my starters for week 5. What do you think? Still not the greatest of teams, wish I'd done more research before the draft.

How many people in the league? Those are some slim pickings. Seems like 12+ player league?

It's a ten person league.

Six of them have been doing this league for 8 years now. So they know the wr and rb's to grab at the draft.

Ahhh. Yeah you got hosed man. I'm in 2 leagues. Doing TERRIBLE this year, but I'm rolling out the browns team basically today hoping for some points. Gordon, Cameron, and McGahee. Ugh.

I'd see what you can package together for a good trade to add starting value to your roster.

this is my first year doing Fantasy.. my team was projected to be the worst in the league, though i'm 3-0-1 .. almost had the win last week, tied at 103 v 103

my team
Starting line-up:
Matt Ryan - QB
Reggie Bush - RB
Ryan Matthews - RB
DeSean Jackson - WR
Calvin Johnson - WR
Golden Tate - WR .. was T.Austin, but after scoring 0 last week, he got dumped
Jordan Cameron - TE
David Akers - K
Rams -DST .. had the Eagles, but they have been looking lousy and scored me 1 point last week(i blame them for my tie).. so they got dumped as well

bench:
B. Roethlisberger - QB
C. Ivory - RB
J. Franklin - RB
B. Celek - TE
Buccs - DST

my draft order was 11th and 2nd

Last edited:
Here's the ridiculous part. My team is supposed to be so horrible but my three wins were wins by 20+ points, (20, 30, 25) and my one loss is from a mere 8 points to the guy who was undefeated until week four.

The guy who runs this board, his wife is 0-4, but is projected to beat me in week 11. haha

Awesome.

I've been getting killed. Here is my big money league. I have no RB's and no one is trading. Worst part is, I have highest points against. Well over 500 in a .5ppr format. 12 Man league drafts suck.

Starting Lineup
Stafford
Megatron
Gordon
McGahee
Rashad Jennings
Cameron
Fitzgerald in FLEX
Zuerlein
St. Louis

Bench:
Snelling
Lawfirm
Bowe
M. Bennett
SJax
James Jones.

Here's what I'm up against this weekend...

Matt Ryan
Arian Foster
Matt Forte
Giovani Bernard
Brandon Marshall
Reggie Wayne
Josh Gordon
Julius Thomas
49ers D/ST
Garrett Hartley

ESPN projects his total to 163 and mine to 124. I've come back from bigger deficits than this, but I'm actually kinda scared, cause I won't hear the end of it.

Back