Fart can exhaust...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

robertbergl

Someone cut the resonator out of my ex, straight piped it and then hacked a fart can muffler onto it.:mad:

With the CAI that is on there and that megaphone muffler I want to shoot myself sometimes.

If I straight pipe it from the axle will it be quieter then the fart can?

Suggestions?

not really if you wont it to sound better buy a real cat back or get a good resonator

You could put a silencer on it too, but it's somewhat restrictive. Kind of like having a second cat.

Yeah. I want to restrict air flow as little as possible without making a lot of noise.

Someone riced this car before I got it so I have to either do a full cat back, or chill and decide if I want to turbo the d. Which of course would mean 2 1/2" to 3" piping.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Mufflers typically have some type of resonating material inside them, even the ricey ones like yours. Eliminating the muffler in favor of a straight pipe will most likely make the car louder rather then quieter. What type of muffler is it? Is it the round, canister style, or is it an oval-shaped one?

Switching to an oval-shaped muffler might help quiet it down a little bit. The oval-shaped ones are larger and therefore have more resonating material. If you don't want to spend the money on a whole new cat-back at the moment, I'd probably just buy a cheap resonator and a cheap oval-shaped muffler for now...

Back