Fast blinking Turn signal wtf?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

hey all, well ill give u guys some background info to help me solve this problem. ok

#1 the other day at work, the bolt holding my front bumper turn signal fell out while driving (i think), and anywy i guess it was hanging by the wire all the way to the gas station, when arriving back at my car i notice it hanging, take the bumb out of the plastic piece and throw the plastic in the car so it doesnt hang.
#2 the next day i start up my car and start to drive, my whole dash ( cept speedo b/c its cable driven)is dead im like wtf?, i go over all my fuses, and find the fuse connected to that turn signal is blown, so i replace it and all is fine. i put back in the bumper light and its back to normal.
#3 the next day ( today) i park my car and head into work, i come out to find that that the turn signal ( front and rear) of the side where the bumper light fell out of is blinking extremely fast.

Any1 have any idea's why this would be? i havent checked the fuses, but i doubt its a problem with them, b/c its working, just not normally. sounds like a problem with capacitors or resistors( i took electronics in grade 8 so i dont know much at all) but from physics 11 and 12 it kinda makes sense. Any info on my problem would be a total help.

Car is a 1990 CRX si if that helps any.

sounds somewhat like what the rice kids do, they put a smaller amp fuse in the blinker place and it blinks fast. i think, anyone else have any suggestions?

you have a blown or missing bulb somewhere on that side of the car. it blinking fast is just a mechanism to get ur attention and it means that you have a bulb out somewhere. if its that one that was hanging, replace it and you should be fine, if it still does that after you replace ur bulb, then check all other bulbs on that side of the car. i will be willing to bet that that is your problem. the same thing happened to me (91 CRX si). if you check all bulbs and they are all fine then it ight be the flasher module thing, but i would put money that its a bulb.

You have a burned out signal bulb.

There is no mechanism to get your attention. When there is less of a load on a signal flasher, it will cycle faster. That is why your getting a fast blinker.

fyi: an electronic signal flasher will not blink faster under less load. That is why you need to get one if your using LED signal lights

ooo, i just thought it was to get ur attention cause i had like 3 bulbs out at once and it blinked just as fast as if 1 bulb was out. but it does get ur attention though, lol, but ur prolly right.

ya it was my bumper light, i guess the bulb was loose, then as i was rescreweing it in, stupid me drops the bulb and KABLOOOOEEEEE it goes, so now i gotta go get another used bulb:)

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Jul 31 2003, 10:17 PM
You have a burned out signal bulb.

There is no mechanism to get your attention. When there is less of a load on a signal flasher, it will cycle faster. That is why your getting a fast blinker.

fyi: an electronic signal flasher will not blink faster under less load. That is why you need to get one if your using LED signal lights

:werd: my left side blinker started going crazy, so i figured a bulb was blown out. all of the bulbs were good, so i was like wtf?!?!?! turns out about 2 days later a bulb blew. so i guess it means either you have a blown bulb, or a bulb about to blow.

Originally posted by jeffsciv23@Jul 31 2003, 11:07 PM
sounds somewhat like what the rice kids do, they put a smaller amp fuse in the blinker place and it blinks fast. i think, anyone else have any suggestions?

Changing a fuse will not speed up the flash rate of a blinker

Back