Fast Brakes? Brake Upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

for autox i would swap out to some brembo blank rotors and hawk haps pads. you would be good to go with minimal cost.

:werd:

In AutoX, you're not usually going fast enough to cool the brakes, but then again the runs should not be so long where they're actually overheating the brakes. Plus, a lot of people don't like EBC's for racing(or street for that matter).

The guy who won a couple STS2 Autocross events was using Cobalt pads up front with EBC Greens in the back, along with upgraded rotors, larger master cylinder(15/16") and upgraded fluid...stock disc size and calipers...and this was pretty much a race car.

Last edited:
In AutoX, you're not usually going fast enough to cool the brakes, but then again the runs should not be so long where they're actually overheating the brakes. Plus, a lot of people don't like EBC's for racing(or street for that matter).

The guy who won a couple STS2 Autocross events was using Cobalt pads up front with EBC Greens in the back, along with upgraded rotors, larger master cylinder(15/16") and upgraded fluid...stock size and calipers.

Yeah I read before that a lot of people said drilled and slotted isn't the best for auto-x because you don't have enough time actually warm up your brakes....It really seems to me like it's personal preference when it comes to brakes and people usually stick with certain combinations that they like, I haven't had any problems with my current setup and love the combination so I'm probably going to just stick with them.

I would highly recommend 90-93 integra rear discs, booster/master cylinder and propertioning valve. I did it in my 1990 civic si and it wakes up the whole system. Instead of the car heaving foreward it stops flat and the front end improves a lot. The pedal feel it very strong and you sort of get more confident hitting corners and braking. Even every day driving is improved and when you need new rotors or pads you just get them for an integra, I LOVE THEM! Read through this site: FourthGenHatch

Last edited:
I would highly recommend 90-93 integra rear discs, booster/master cylinder and propertioning valve. I did it in my 1990 civic si and it wakes up the whole system. Instead of the car heaving foreward it stops flat and the front end improves a lot. The pedal feel it very strong and you sort of get more confident hitting corners and braking. Even every day driving is improved and when you need new rotors or pads you just get them for an integra, I LOVE THEM! Read through this site: FourthGenHatch

And just to let you know, they are the same rotors/pads/calipers/caliper mount brackets/and spindles as the 99-00 Si (maybe others but I just know this for a fact)... so they shouldn't stop making replacements and rebuild kits and the like any time soon

And just to let you know, they are the same rotors/pads/calipers/caliper mount brackets/and spindles as the 99-00 Si (maybe others but I just know this for a fact)... so they shouldn't stop making replacements and rebuild kits and the like any time soon
Thanks for the info, heplful stuff.

Mine was a bit more, but the only junkyard items I used were spindles and wheel bearings (Oh yeah wheel bearings are the same too). I did a core replacement on the calipers and got remans which cost the most, next to the parking brake cables.

Mine were in great condition and the pads and rotors were and still are brand new.

Do you know what type of setup he is running and on what type of car?Also what is the primary use of the car?
Sorry I took so long to get back to you...

I have put this kit on my 99 civic hatch... Fast brakes sells the mounting bracket that moves your caliper out to fit the larger rotor and pick up a set of corrado G60 brembo solid rotors from rockauto.com(was $20 a rotor plus shipping)

Back