Fast-Turbo Oil return

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NotUrAverage_Si

Ok so far I have about 20 cuts in my hand from trying to get the steel braided line to go into the 45's. I've spent an hour trying as hard as I could to get that thing to go in but every attempt is useless as the line just falls right back out. Brian, I know you're using the samething how the hell did you get that thing in there? Anyone have any suggestions?

heh...

i'm actually using the Full race kit return... but its all the same shit.

make sure you cut it good and straight with a cut off wheel. lube it up a little, then press like a mofo until its on.

try mounting the hose in a vise about an inch sticking out on top and just give it all you got on the metal piece.

DSC00880.JPG

thats what mine came out looking like...

and it leaks a little bit. i gotta re-do it i think. i used the wrong kind of teflon tape on it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 1 2004, 07:32 PM
heh...

lube it up a little, then press like a mofo until its on.

Hmm havn't tried lubing it up first.

i used the wrong kind of teflon tape on it.

Theres a wrong kind? I just found some teflon tape in my garage, don't know if it's the right one or not but I used it anyway. :)

right, use a thin cutoff wheel to cut the hose. wrap the hose with tape before you cut it though. after that, take off the tape and insert the hose into the red part of the fitting. i usually slip it in and then set the fitting on a piece of wood and shove the hose in. push in up to the base of the threads in the red fitting.

then lube up the blue part of the fitting and thread it into the red part. make sure all the threads are clean. after i get it hand tight, i set it in the vise (AL jaws) and torque it down with a wrench.

you may want to mark the hose with a sharpie after you place it in the red part of the fitting. the mark will tell you if the hose backs out when you torque the blue part down.

I have bruses in the palms of my hands from pressing so hard trying to get the hose into the fittings.

Marking the hose with a sharpie was a good idea. I thought I had gotten it in a couple times and then it would fall out.

Thanks Javier, I'll try it the way you suggested.

Back