Fastest Import : 6.70 @ 204.57mph !!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

This might be old news to some, but to the others, its thrilling! because im sick of tired of people who tell me that imports are slow.. well now they can eat shit because the Bullish Racing boys just ran a 6.70 which is tied to the fastest pro stock with 2 less slugs and im not sure about the displacement.. but its GREAT

speaking of sick cars I was at lebaon valley dragway in new york for the night of fire
I saw a jet powered funny car get beat by a top fuel dragster.
top fuel ran a 5.44, and the jet powered ran a 6.04 bot ha t around 290mph

That takes the prize money Summit put up for the first Import to break the 200 MPH barrier in the 1/4 mile, doesn't it?

I think it was like $50,000. Not sure, though.

thats cool shit mang!!

bullshit racing = papadakis?

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Aug 16 2003, 01:39 AM
That takes the prize money Summit put up for the first Import to break the 200 MPH barrier in the 1/4 mile, doesn't it?

that has been broken several times already....

first one to do it was venoms tacoma pickup thing....
next was the RWD celica or soemthing like that...

i haven't followed the season much this year, so there may be more

None of the cars out there running 6 seconds are truly either import or domestic anyway... they're all full custom builds.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 16 2003, 05:26 AM-->
@Aug 16 2003, 01:39 AM

The first one to do it was the Pro V8 RWD Turbonetics Celica LAST year. It did it on the final race of the year at Englishtown last year i believe, or it could've been the next to last. The prize was $25,000.

Originally posted by TypeRcivic+Aug 16 2003, 12:10 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 16 2003, 05:26 AM
SiR Kid

The first one to do it was the Pro V8 RWD Turbonetics Celica LAST year. It did it on the final race of the year at Englishtown last year i believe, or it could've been the next to last. The prize was $25,000.

actually NO, it was the VENOM TUNDRA powered by the V8 TUNDRA BLOCK and LEXUS GS 400 HEADS... but the problem is they hit it on UNOFFICIAL SOIL... the celica driven by the scranton brothers were the first to hit it at AN OFFICIAL EVENT on a SANCTIONED TRACK

the monetary prize money put up by summitt was much more than 25,000 as i recall it... i could have sworn it was something like 200,000... but of course i could be completely wrong

and anyone who believe the scranton brothers originall built the turbonetics celica needs to be gagged cause that car was taken away from ROB @ RPS... i remember seeing the car at Robs shop from start to finish... outta nowhere turbonetics takes the car and gives it to the scranton bros. cause they have a better track record

B)

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 16 2003, 09:17 AM
None of the cars out there running 6 seconds are truly either import or domestic anyway... they're all full custom builds.

but they are considered imports cause of the motor and the design of shell they used

:)

hell i can care less, i just get to throw it in the faces of all my muscle car friends...

""wha chu think about that import running 6's???""

lol :lol:

Originally posted by 2 litre EG+Aug 16 2003, 08:40 PM-->
@Aug 16 2003, 09:17 AM

but they are considered imports cause of the motor and the design of shell they used

:)

hell i can care less, i just get to throw it in the faces of all my muscle car friends...

""wha chu think about that import running 6's???""

lol :lol:

That is an awesome accomplishment. I'll give them that. But top fuel dragsters have been running mid 4's with small block 350s for years. There's no doubt in my mind a top fuel dragster that's considered an import can hit mid 4s, or even beat it. How fast you wanna go is just a matter of how much dough you want to cough up. Anything can be built to be fast.

Originally posted by 2 litre EG+Aug 16 2003, 03:36 PM-->
Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Aug 16 2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 16 2003, 05:26 AM
SiR Kid

actually NO, it was the VENOM TUNDRA powered by the V8 TUNDRA BLOCK and LEXUS GS 400 HEADS... but the problem is they hit it on UNOFFICIAL SOIL... the celica driven by the scranton brothers were the first to hit it at AN OFFICIAL EVENT on a SANCTIONED TRACK

the monetary prize money put up by summitt was much more than 25,000 as i recall it... i could have sworn it was something like 200,000... but of course i could be completely wrong

It WAS $25,000, i was there when they handed them the oversized check at Englishtown.

You are right about the Tundra doing it first unofficially, i had forgotten about it doing it unofficially. But yeah the prize money was $25,000 i was there.

too bad that 25k only covers 1/10th of the cost of the build up and travel expenses.

Milan

I have also been inside Bullish Racing's facility in Hackensack early this year and last November. They let me take pictures of their 2JZ-GTE, the now dead Street Tire Supra, and their Solaras before they got their new purple paint job. SICK SHIT!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 16 2003, 04:26 PM
too bad that 25k only covers 1/10th of the cost of the build up and travel expenses.

Milan

see thats why i thought it was something like 200,000... but since you were there...

and milan your dead on, that is only about 1/10th the cost they spent lol

yeah, I used to talk to steven thompson a lot at pacific performance (he drives a tube chassis new body style civic ex, red and it looks like the front of the car is crunched in a little) but even back 2 years ago when he was using his red EK he wouldn't take it to events that often. He had a shop to run down here in florida and to be honest the one thing you do gain from competing is exposure. These cars just end up costing so much money to build, drive, maintain, replace parts, tune, and travel.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 16 2003, 07:55 PM
yeah, I used to talk to steven thompson a lot at pacific performance (he drives a tube chassis new body style civic ex, red and it looks like the front of the car is crunched in a little) but even back 2 years ago when he was using his red EK he wouldn't take it to events that often. He had a shop to run down here in florida and to be honest the one thing you do gain from competing is exposure. These cars just end up costing so much money to build, drive, maintain, replace parts, tune, and travel.

Milan

yeah i know what you mean... i was talkin to Erick @ Ericks Racing and he was saying he spends an EASY 100,000 just camp[aigning the car around the US at different events... and he said he doesnt even go to EVERY EVENT...

but hey, you gotta love our hobby B)

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97@Aug 18 2003, 10:03 PM
would be cool to see a vid or pics of the car.

Vid or pics of which car?

Back