fastest mile on a busa

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was thinking there should be a bike out there faster since I remember seeing a Busa dynoing about 700hp(doesn't mean that was the fastest, but means there should be a couple of bikes out there with more power on tap).

This bike is making 636WHP and has been detuned in order to run faster. *on a one mile track* my guess is on the salt flats the bike could easily run faster as with other bikes that might be making even more power. Your MPH in a 1/4 mile or in this case 1 mile doesn't count as your top speed....

Having owned a built turbo civic I often ask people if you have a civic with a GSR motor with minor mods that can run 13s on street tires, how fast will it run with 600WHP? Lots of people say 10s-11s I say, most likely the same as before.

I could spin 3rd gear at 90mph in my civic... unless you have slicks or drag rads on the car there's zero chance of going fast.

Same for bikes, power means nothing if you cant put it down.

The video I posted was uploaded in june so I guess it's no longer the fastest busa on the 1 mile track =)

Last edited:
I was referring to top speed in general(didn't realize it was 1mile track) For bikes I believe the bigger issue is keeping the front end down. ;) That was the exact problem that 700hp bike had.

As of September 24th of this year, the "official" motorcycle land speed record is 367.382mph. Set by the lucky 7 streamliner. He had it at 372.534mph on the first trip, but you have to do it going both ways for it to be an official record, and he only clocked 367 on the return trip.

Running a custom made motor, a 3 liter V4 pushing 400hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjmpZ3-uSA

And the overall official landspeed record? 760.343mph. Held by the ThrustSSC.. A streamliner with two turbofan engines on it. Its held the record since 1997.. That is a long time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-xj5C2m8

Last edited:
I was referring to top speed in general(didn't realize it was 1mile track) For bikes I believe the bigger issue is keeping the front end down. ;) That was the exact problem that 700hp bike had.

I can't see there being that much of an issue with keeping the front wheel down if you have 10 miles to hit your top speed, if anything the wind speed will cause it to pull up more then the power of the motor. just ease into it.... front comes up when its under heavy load.

Back