1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fasting.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by CRX-YEM, Jul 25, 2008.

1. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

The thread about life without vises got me thinking about this. I think it's highly possible to enjoy life without any vises. If you set your mind to it.

For example this past week I fasted for 5 days.
    I completed a juice and water fast.

Day 1, began by making the traditional Lemonde Diet (aka Master Cleanse) Juice from 3 lemons, 2 limes, 1.25 cups of maple syrup, and 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, makes 80oz juice, and drank a lot of water as well. The Master Cleanse does what it says it will. Visited the bathroom like 5-6 times. Amazingly enough no hunger pains

Day 2, Started with juices and water, this was the worst day and at that it wasn't that bad. A few times during the day I felt some slight hunger pains. Drank some juice and all is well

Day 3, continued with juices and water, never even thought about food at all, Visited the lunch room at work to socialize with some co-workers, the sight and smell of food didn't even phase me, I was amazed how much more free time I had, not having to cook etc.. I was feeling a sense of accomplishment as I was almost at my goal of 5 days

Day 4, still juice and water, slightly less juice and more water.
    The thought of food never entered my mined at all.

Day 5, again juice and water only, no solids. I have pretty much forgotten what food is, never even crossed my mind to stop working and take a lunch. 8pm this evening was the end time for my fast and I had a bowl of tomato soup, which I ate just to eat, I wasn't actually hungry.

I learned a lot about myself this week and I feel better than ever.

2. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I fast sometimes just to get feeling better.

3. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Excuse me for not doing my research, but is this diet supposed to help you lose weight as well? I hear all about how it just plain old cleans you out and makes you feel amazing. Do you run or lift? If so, did you experience any fatigue? I could always hit up google, but I figure I'd ask someone who just got done with it.

4. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

I would never be able to do this diet. I get weak and feel like I'll pass out if I don't eat regularly.

5. CRX-YEM

I didn't do it as a diet to lose weight, in fact my total weight loss during this fast was only 5 lbs. I did all my normal activities during my fast.

6. Aleaf.CRX

Aleaf.CRX Hates Cunts!

Yeah me too, along with nausea and headaches.

7. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Something that might help you with this.. And it comes from an odd source.. But Jim Carrey did this same thing, and he said you get joy not from eating the sandwitch (They were talking about a huge awesome sandwitch or something) But from not eating it. For having the self control and will power to just not even want it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  8. sufikation

sufikation Active Member

that sounds like a good idea...i think i will give the juice and water fast a try sometime. i hope i have the will power.

9. CRX-YEM

That's one of the reasons I did it. Also I'm double thinking about what kind of food I'm actually eating now. I learned I have the will power and focus to to do anything.

Also I was not nauseas, light headed, or have any headaches at all. You're still getting some glucose for your brain from the fruit juice.

10. MadMaXXX

MadMaXXX Mad Man

11. Aleaf.CRX

Aleaf.CRX Hates Cunts!

^^^
    Utterly disgusting.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted