FAWKEN SOCCER MOM'S........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, I took it to a classic "Vintage Racing Auto Restoration" place today..and the guy gave me an estamate for $2200.........because I noticed when I got a heater in the garage, the fender flares were cracked, and the hood was pushed up to the firewall, and it was sitting uneven.....plus he gave me a quik estamate on the value of the car, and it was in the ballpark figuare of $5600.....and he said if the repair was done at his shop, which I won't have to pay for, then it will go to 6500, and if I elect to fully repaint it, then it will get up to the $8000 area.....Plus he had a hood in his shop already, and it just needs to be painted....I'll find out what the insurance comp will cover prolly tuesday...

Hopefully you can get the whole car repainted. That just fucking sucks. That car was sweet, I want to pick up a mid 70's 240 or 280 some day.

man that sucks, your car was/will be beautiful. i never even consdered getting an old Z until i saw yours. but good luck on the repairs, hope it doesn't rape your wallet too bad.

Back from the dead for an update:

UPDATE:

Well, after 2-4 months of looking for a hood, I finally found one....it was so mint, it almost looks like it came out of a meuseum...well, it took a buddie's buddy to get it painted to the right color, and that was another month or so of waiting....so total wait for this fix was about 5 months.....it sucked, but I didn't care...as long as it looks sweet in the end, and it is just not bondoed like the insurance company wanted to do...soooooo....

Got the hood today back from the painter.....and it's about to go on the car.

pics will be posted of the mint hood as soon as it is on. I'm waiting for B to come to help me hold it while I bolt it on....

Total cost:

Hood=$200
Paint=$180
Beer=$15

Insurance paid $1480

so I bought Carbs for the AE86, Rims for the AE86, Tires for the AE86, a BBQ or two for some freinds, insurance and a few other bills.

now to find some damn steam-roller tires for the back of this thing, and install some newer DGV's that a buddy gave me.....

sorry to hear man. Def paint the cf hood, i hate that look. im diggin the headlight cover thingees. Hey, is there some sort of special edition 280?? Ive seen two that dont look exactly normal (to me) one is all white, white wheels (dont know if that was an option or a special thing), and the other is a two tone...black and orange orange on the hood and i think doors.. anywho, sorry to jack.

the Z's new hood:

aaa.jpg

doesnt look like the color matches clayton...

but im glad to see it back in shape. i bet she drifts like a motherfucker now. :( nice itc tranny...

its a little off... a little darker. still needs to be wet-sanded, so it'll lighten up a little bit.

:shrug2:

better than a huge dent chip shit

After the wet sand and a good buffing...I hope it matches...if not, I'll just sve up some money and get the whole car repainted....

and I need rear tires before I even think about drifting.... :ph34r:

Back