FDA owned.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cliff notes

New smoking item invented and used
scares big tobaco companies along with big pharma companies
bt and bp beg congress and Obama to ban them
FDA joins the fun to stop the safer smoker
FDA says they can use customs to save bt and bp, and stops import.
Salers sue FDA.
One sain judge from bush admin shuts down the FDA from authorithy to use ban

Prolly five to fifty million lives saved

I have notice that there are tons of infomercials and radio ads for e-cigs now.

Semi off-topic:
I want to buy one for my dad. What's the best bang for your buck, low cost option to get him started on one?

I have notice that there are tons of infomercials and radio ads for e-cigs now.

Semi off-topic:
I want to buy one for my dad. What's the best bang for your buck, low cost option to get him started on one?

the ones on the radio are generally shit and cost 10x what they are worth

as far as what to get him started on... it really depends on what he needs from it

when i got mine i needed to get one that was as similar to a regular cig as i could... otherwise i would not have taken it seriously... it would have been a novelty like it has been for several of my friends

other people like clayton need something that maximizes nicotine delivery and are not effected by the aesthetics of the device as much

in the end reguardless of what style... you need to WANT to use it... you need some self discipline... and you need to commit to it... otherwise much like anything else you will not stay with it

it is NOT the exact same thing as smoking... its similar... and its a hell of a lot more like smoking than the patch or gum or any of the other nicotine alternatives ive seen...

it also leaves the choice up to you whether or not you want to quit, or just use it as an alternative to regular cigarettes...

i got mine because i didnt want to quit smoking... i enjoyed smoking but i hated the way it was making me feel... so i switched to the e-cig... i figured it had to be better for me than the alternative of smoking cigarettes... within a week i was feeling noticeably better... i have had 1 and a half cloves, and about 1/3 of a cigarette since i started using the e-cig... i havent used the e-cig since the summer... im not really sure when i last used it... i didnt notice... i didnt want to quit... i just did... i used the e-cig less and less... and one day realized that i hadnt touched it in at least a month... i took it out of my car and put it in a drawer... i have no desire to smoke any more... the smell and taste disgusts me...

Where did you get yours from E?

i got mine from epuffer

im not sure that i would currently recommend it though as there are better models available for far less money from other companies

and really shit is coming out and changing very quickly with these things

a few friends picked up the KR808D-1 from electronic-ash and that thing is pretty badass... looks about the same as my epuffer magnum (parts are not compatible at all)... it produces silly ass amounts of vapor... very easy draw... significant throat hit with the flavors i tried on it... and it costs about 1/3 what my epuffer did...

i honestly have been out of this whole scene for quite a while now havent looked at or kept up on anything since summer time so im sure i dont know about any of the top stuff available currently

there are several forums and review sites out there that you should be able to get solid reviews and opinions of the products that are out there

im more than happy to help where i can... but like i said ive been out of this for a while... but if you are interested in a model or style and having trouble finding information ill do what i can to help you make an informed decision...

Back