Fear of a Linux planet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
All I see are Windows systems in every computer thread. C'mon Linux guys, post your puters!

Here are my desktop and laptop.

linux2.jpg

(Also some ad placement for Right guard. Gotta smell good.)

I've got fedora core 3 installed on my test box

I had Linux on my comp for a while, but 3ds Max wouldn't run under Wine, so I uninstalled. (I also ran out of disk space...) 300gb isn't enough :p

Using simply mepis 2004.06 on my laptop. Desktop has windows so I can use native instruments reaktor.

Guess that I am the only one that runs a straight Linux shop. Goodness.

im still new to the world of linux, but so far i am very pleased... at this point i dont see myself running windows on anything in the future

i have a dual p3 linux router on slackware 10 at home ...it also does some other stuff like web server and other stuff

and at college i have anohter linux router that i use for gaim and 2nd destop

linux :worthy: =)

dont know much about computers.. so whats so great bout linx? and whats redhat?

i know windows is full of bugs and full of money hungry whores, but ive used it since 97 and everything i run supports only windows.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Feb 3 2005, 12:45 AM
dont know much about computers.. so whats so great bout linx? and whats redhat?

i know windows is full of bugs and full of money hungry whores, but ive used it since 97 and everything i run supports only windows.
[post=455669]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually it should be called GNU/Linux because Linux is just the kernel. Go to http://gnu.org and read about it there. Its great for servers, and if you don't mind tweaking it every once in a while you could set yourself up a really nice desktop.

funny i saw this.. i built a computer for my fiance. So im installing the OS last night. My fiance is a Navy Intel officer and can't really tell me what she does other than "i spy". So im installing the OS and she says to me. I think i want Unix on here instead.

And that moment of my life as i stared blankly at her, i realized two things. 1) I have no idea who this woman is during the day. 2) i think this hooker knows more than me and can't eve tell me.

honestly i'd like to get into linux more. i need a good mentor

when i get home i will take pictures.. but i've got a few different things going on right now :)

i've tried to make the move several times....

i always ran into software issues. there's certain things i need to run, and i can't find a linux-ready equiv. (photoshop is one of them. and don't tell me about gimp-- cuz i have it here at work and it fucking sucks)

second, i have so much crap that i don't want to back up/re-import

third, the two times i've tried, i couldn't get it too boot up.

:shrug2:

i'll stick to RH enterprise on the server for now... :)

as promised:
DCP_3041.JPG

DCP_3042.JPG

from left to right:
HP N5495 old school laptop
apple iBook G4 12"

desktop:
dual samsung 712N 17" LCD monitors , XP Pro / Fedora core 3 dual boot
512 mb ram, amd xp 2000+ processor, not the fastest thing on the planet, but it works...

newegg special yO!... i'm ready to get a new one.. this one sounds like a damn apache helicopter when you turn it on

lol.. i was in the middle of a reformat/reinstall etc.

it's generally very very clean with nothing on the desk except the two monitors... i generally reserve a snack tray for the apple laptop if i need to be using it simultaneously and the HP gets used... pretty much never lol

Ah, ok. My workspace is pretty well set up, but it's just cluttered with receipts, printouts, and CDs on every free inch of desk space.

Back