fedex damaged my intercooler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Z6CRX

übber ɐɾuıu etarip
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268579
Im just wondering though, do you think this intercooler is still usable, at most I think my friend is trying to push up 20lbs of boost out of this thing. How would this affect the functionality of the intercooler?
I'm posting this here from my my friend. He may not be compensated for the damaged to it duting shipping. Any recommendations on it like testing or how it would affter performance. I was thinking sealing it filling it with water, and putting it under 20lbs of pressure to see if it leaks. Any recommendation other than send it back cause we're already working on that.

Yea the damage doesnt look that bad, I think it would work perfectly fine..

It also wouldn't hurt to test it.. but my bets are it will work just fine..grab a butter knife and straighten out the dented areas..

a couple bent fins isn't a big deal.

but i would still go after fed ex to cover it if it was insured properly, and if not, back to the seller/store for not insuring it properly.

thanks :mrgreen: , do you think my idea of testing it be filling it with water and pressurising would work good though?

also what about the main tubes for the air, they're bent a little, would that have any significant affect, like over a year of use?

Quoted post[/post]]
also what about the main tubes for the air, they're bent a little, would that have any significant affect, like over a year of use?
If those pics show the extent of the damage the affect would be minute, if any.

Back