fedor loses, quick watch before its pulled!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

he got damn lucky with that choke, cuz he was about to get his ass beat.
i would still say fedor is the better fighter.... he just left an opening, and yeah, that's all it takes.

yeah everybody knows its a upset. The actual story is that Fedor, who is supposed to be the best heavyweight in the world according to some, just waked into a submission ala Brock/Mir I. That was on a rookie level of sloppy. Just shows that Fedor is a big punch and some Sambo

That was as rookie as it gets. He almost got tied up and slipped it then went right back into the same situation.

yeah everybody knows its a upset. The actual story is that Fedor, who is supposed to be the best heavyweight in the world according to some, just waked into a submission ala Brock/Mir I. That was on a rookie level of sloppy. Just shows that Fedor is a big punch and some Sambo

It actually wasn't a rookie mistake.

Take a look at what Fedor was attempting to do and if you understand BJJ, you'll understand why the position is much more complicated then at first glance.

Fedor intentionally baited the first triangle choke like he has many times before. Why you ask? When the bottom player goes for the triangle and slides their guard so high up on the top player, half the work for passing guard is already done for the top player. Take a look, the first triangle attempt Fedor backs his hips away from Werdum and pushes his legs to the side to go for the pass. That was almost a successful pass, except Fedor needed to be about 12 inches forward of where he was on Werdums side. Fedor should have gone above Werdum's hips rather than staying below his hips. Since Fedor was still below Werdum's hips, Werdum was able to transition into an excellent roll that immediately put him in position to try the triangle attempt a second time.

That was some high caliber BJJ against a guy who is notorious for hurting opponents on their feet and then continuing to finish with GNP.

Back