Feels good to hit boost again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I always bitch about unfinished build threads. Now this, no build thread and a finished product. I dunno rather to be happy or sad.

Sorry? Haha, when we were building it, i was too caught up in the build to take pictures.

Fresh wash.

Attachments

• image-1771303040.jpg
    image-1771303040.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 227
  • image-1444702769.jpg
    image-1444702769.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 208
  • image-1322764571.jpg
    image-1322764571.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 205
  • image-1129011380.jpg
    image-1129011380.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 224
The car has been giving me hell this week but ive stayed on top of repairs and maintenece. I have Precision 1000cc injectors on the way for my tune next week and having a custom 3" front exit exhaust fabbed up this weekend for track days and more power on the dyno.

Ill post up more pics as things get down.

Why did you go with 1000s? TOTALLY overkill for your set up and they aren't easy to idel...

Why did you go with 1000s? TOTALLY overkill for your set up and they aren't easy to idel...

room to grow in the future, plus if he wants 300-350whp from a SOHC that is going to require a decent amount of fuel AND boost
and i honestly think the difficulty of getting 1000cc's to idle is somewhat of a myth. my car has been tuned several times by different tuners and none of them have ever had an issue getting the car to idle as it should.

I got 1000's because i snagged them for 180$, which is the same price ive been offered for 660's and 750's so why not just pay the same and have growing room?

Id prefer to not have my duty cycle through the roof, be able to make the power, and have room to grow for when i get the head rebuilt.

@Matt : Yeah thats my goal, Im hoping they wont be an issue.

let's hope you don't blow it up before you get to the tune......... why are you doing that crap on an un-tuned map?

Well had to call and reschedule my tune for the second time for next week on tuesday at 1pm. My injectors wont be ere by tomorrow. /sigh

It is tuned guys, im not sure if i didnt clarrify but the car has a tune, im just going in for another tune to make more power.

And i have a wideband gauge but i need the uego and harnessfor it so its not eing used yet.

If you can, fab up an intake pipe, that will cut down on the heat quite a bit.

awptickes said:
If you can, fab up an intake pipe, that will cut down on the heat quite a bit.

Well im also switching bak to a stock fan, as well as changing the thermo stat and coolant.

But update, snapped my passenger axel tonight. Literally exploded the cage. Just got finished towing it home with some buddies. Picking up another axle tomorrow. /sigh.

Update: Put the new axle on in this awesome 90 degree weather. Lets hope i dont break the other one anytime soon.

Last edited:
Tune is tomorrow, injectors were supposed to be in by today but no show yet. Maybe have to reschedule. But in the mean time....

Two step with front exit exhaust ;)

YouTube - ‪92 EG Front exit anti lag‬‏
thats it?!?! lol nah j/k but heres mine..the smoke is moisture from raining 4 days straight,soakin my baffling and not starting it.car was warm when i did it.
YouTube - ‪The little mean green machine‬‏

the joy of d-series.... breaking axels. heh

Get some mounts/inserts to keep the engine movement at a minimum

i have 75a Innovative Mounts.

The axle snap was from launching it, the wheel torque steered to the left and ripped it to pieces. I already returned the core for a new axle before i got pics but it decimated the cage in the outer boot into about 15 pieces.

Back