Feels good to hit boost again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seals are like $50 to replace (and get a friggin restrictor) and a mani can be re-welded to patch the hole, probably for another 50 bucks.

why you want to spend 1100 more to be slower is beyond me...

Once you start welding a manifold, youre gonna have to keep doing it eventually.

i dont know, i kinda wanted to test out the all motor field. a full GSR swap for 1200$ though..

The swap is a good price, yes, but Idk. If I got the swap, I'd boost it too. With just a simple setup you'll be making at least as much power with less strain theoretically. I mean the thread title explains it all.

all motor in a honda is mostly ghey
unless you do a crazy build
or are satisfied with spending a lot to still go slow

all motor in a honda is mostly ghey
unless you do a crazy build
or are satisfied with spending a lot to still go slow

yes, i agree. there are only a few exceptions, like a H or K series in a very light chassis like a crx or gutted hatch.

Beh, i may stay with the swap. I can pick up a Crower stage 2 turbo cam and crower valvetrain for 450$, but i dont wanna have to keep ficingmy manifold and i dont have anther 700$ for something like peakboost.

Im still bouncing around ideas. I can fix my setup cheaply and buy/ start builsing a gsr. Or sell my full swap, someone offered me 1100 and i can get the gsr for 1200. Or skip the gsr and upgrade manifold and turbo. If i upgrade i have enough money to get a good new ramhorn like peakboost etc or a new tubo like garrett or precision. Either part is same price but id have to et one first.

Which should i get, new manifold and heap replacement turbo, or weld the manifold and get a precision turbo.

the NA gsr would take the reliability and worry out of your vehicle
sometimes a little peace of mind is priceless

Yeah, that point has come up a few times. I could have AC again since i cant have AC with my current setup, but im used to having power and enjoy it. Not sure what to do.

Or, bisimoto 3.6 turbo cam, cam gear and full bisi valvetrain 800$ new. And just weld my manifold and buy a cheap replacement turbo.

Ive decided to skip on the GSR as much as id love it. Ive come across a company called BoostFlow and talking to them about having a new ramhorn fabbed up soon. They want 600$, made to order and this is the work they do:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Im gonna get a cheap replacement on my ebay special turbo for now, then save up for a Precision SC32. Sound like a reasonable plan?

After thats all said an done, either pick up a deal on a full stage 2 Crower cam and valvetrain $450 (used 1k miles), or Bisimoto 3.6 cam and valvtrain 800$ (brand new). Hopefully this shoots me around the 400whp range and then its just maintenance from there on out.

Time for a new manifold!

Attachments

• image-1907369466.jpg
    image-1907369466.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 215
Well the guys at BoostFlow were having some issues with thier machines and so they would have to order flanges for my manifold and said it would be atleast 2 weeks before they could have it all fabbed up. So i went with our friends at Go-AutoWORKS instead.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Should have it within a week, then its time to start saving for a new Precision SC32 Turbo.

Thanks Go-Autoworks.

Took 2 days from order to delivery. :)

Attachments

• image-1939617070.jpg
    image-1939617070.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 247
  • image-112675696.jpg
    image-112675696.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 220
  • image-3009447950.jpg
    image-3009447950.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 217
  • image-870068730.jpg
    image-870068730.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 228
  • image-1556036364.jpg
    image-1556036364.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 224
thats a nice piece there! what did that set you back? my ramhorn isnt quite that pretty looking, but it seems to be very efficient so im not complaining!

Bleh, So many odds and ends things i wanna get done but they get so tedious.

-Having downpipe cut and shortened to add more ground clearance.
-Have 2nd O2 bung welded in for AEM Wideband.
-Re-wire and mount my boost solenoid.
-Have the dumptube re-fabbed to fit with the new ramhorn.
-Re-install Oil Pressure gauge/sending unit.
-Mount and Re-wire current gauges.

Anyone have any ideas for a clean look to mounting gauges? I have 3 that i need to mount that are currently just chillen in my glovebox.

Ordered the Precision SC3231, a Go-Autoworks vacuum manifold, and some new gaskets. Ill have up pics when i got to install everything.

Update: Vacuum manifold and gaskets came in seperetely. Im gettin the telephone game about where my turbo is despite paing extra coin for 2-3 day shipping, its now been 5 days. Precision is close on the weekends so i wont have a tracking number on anything til atleast monday. Not happy.

Last edited:
Back