feels like ABS, just changed brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

91 CRX HF. I just changed the brakes a few days ago, and im dead sure that i replaced everything just right. However, the pads were almost completely gone. After I replaced it with new pads and rotors, I drove it to work, on the way to work the right side started to shudder and felt like ABS was kicking in (of course i dont have ABS, just felt like ABS does) the noise and shudder would stop if I depressed the brakes and would return as soon as I let up. And there was a horrible smell burned brakes when I tried to check it out on the side of the road. Ive got some ideas but I would like to see your thoughts, thanks.

Caliper is froze. Clamping the rotor ever so slighty heating it up burning the pads and warping your rotor.

Yeah they are fairly cheap. With a core prob 40 bucks or so.

I forgot to mention that i had rotated the tires as well, a friend of mine suggested that he thought it was more likely the wheel than it was the brakes. This is an experienced mechanic, so this isn't just a guess. Ill be switching out the tires today to see if it makes a difference.

my front motor mount is also busted (actually a tranny mount i think), could this have something to do with it? It seems to be making a little poping noise everytime I push the clutch in while the car is moving that is not the same as the mount hitting the engine bay :)D I know what sound that is). Something that it did not do before I changed the brakes.

Back