Fell in love

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dspeed

Just was shocked by the car, it's damn fast and the whole package rocks (exterior, interior, engine)...

Tires chirping through gears with 4 passengers, it seems as if the engine was asking for more...

that car owns... :worthy: i will add that car to my list of things that i must have before i die

It's too heavy, the tranny is too long, the interior doesn't let anyone over 6'2" sit comfortably.

So with a new tranny, a serious diet, and some new seats it would be pretty cool. :)

Another K20 hater. Oh well, I have grown to love you guys, you do stick to your B-series. The K20 is an engine of utter perfection, it improves on everything that the B-series has. Just the performance numbers from Bolt-on's shows this. A 20 WHP gain, from an Intake, that is just insane. Also, the six speed makes it well worth it, something that has been missing from the Acura/Honda lineup. K20 will be king in a couple of years, when the aftermarket is there.

Where did I say that? I love the K20, I hate the chassis they wasted such a potent motor on.

Just because it is a 6 speed doesn't make it good, those gears are way too fucking long.

Ummm, I don't think he made ANY mention of the engine in his post. I'd agree with every one of lsvtec's statements. Whether it's an engine of "utter perfection" will have to wait a few years until it becomes as tried and true as a B- or H-series.

Stock...the car is pretty damn fast.

2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Transmission: Manual
0-60: 6.1
1/4 Mile: 14.8
1/4 Speed: 95

I know it blows my Si out of the water. Buy it! Me and B saw a couple RSX K20A2s out tonight...I wanted to race the one...but he wasn't up for it. :(

2.0 w/ 160 hp vs a 1.6 w/ 160 hp...woulda been pretty interesting I think. :D

My bad, I read the post too fast. The gears will be perfect after you put some ponies on there. I/H/E and the TODA engine kit = 50 WHP. All together, 220 WHP I believe, to the flywheel you are looking at 240-250. All that without boost, you put boost on that bad boy, running twelves with no tuning.

I hope that you were racing a base RSX, the TYPE-S is 200 HP. I know that my SI with bolt-ons beats 99-00 SI with bolt-ons in the quarter, but they totally smoke me top end. I get passed at about 110, but their redline carries them forever. I know once I get my Hondata chip though, I will take the 99-00 SI with the same mods in all catagories.

That is what I meant, I am sure you can win, it is really all driving ability, but after the chip, I don't think the 99-00's can hang with the new ones. A 8,000 redline with 160 WHP. Instead of 8,000 redline with 140 WHP, and that is not even counting the torque, where the k series shines, compared to the B series.

I was talking about the base RSX, not the S...it has 160 hp and 132 tq, but it's also slightly heavier than the 00 SI, I think??

We both had one person in our cars. Which is why I think it'd be a close race.

I did have my SI to 128 tonight, B kept tellin me to go faster. lol :p

even the rsx-s are kinda slow.. i raced one in my SI and was at about his frot wheel at 65 when se stopped *from a 20ish mph roll*

Originally posted by 90 accord@Oct 17 2003, 05:07 AM
even the rsx-s are kinda slow.. i raced one in my SI and was at about his frot wheel at 65 when se stopped *from a 20ish mph roll*

You raced a stock RSX in your moderately to highly modified 02 SI and you beat him...? <_<

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 17 2003, 05:38 AM
wtf are you smoking, he has a 5th gen Si.

Duh. <_<

I was being sarcastic towards him, basically saying that with that many mods with a car that runs mid 15s stock, he should beat him easily.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 16 2003, 11:41 PM
2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Transmission: Manual
0-60: 6.1
1/4 Mile: 14.8
1/4 Speed: 95

that vs me.. i gues my car's somewhere around there then?

we both had 2 other pple in the car, his were skinny ass asain guy's and well, i had 2 fat ass friends (plus my fat ass) . i had more weight and a less powerful car, but i kept up with him pretty descently :)

the k-seires is a good motor looking for a car....
just like the gsr was...
just like the b16a was....

honda never changes.

they want to make motors, and power everything. they don't give a shit about thier line of cars anymore.
they want you to pop your statuns hood, your gm hood, and see honda. thats it.

Not a big fan of the RSX-S. I like the last gen of Tegs much better, thank you very much (not just cuz I own one :D )

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Oct 17 2003, 06:57 AM
Not a big fan of the RSX-S. I like the last gen of Tegs much better, thank you very much (not just cuz I own one :D )

RSX=Integra

Same thing...sorta. ;)

A guy here has a fairly impressive RSX-S...

With just a Hondata reflash, Injen intake, Thermal R&D exhaust, test pipe, good street tires, and some motor mount inserts, it make 200 at the wheels, and went 14.0.

Damn nice engine. ;)

Well, if you race a stock RSX-S, it is all driving ability. The reason I say this, is because I decided to race one, he was in front of me, and he made a right and I followed. I passed him up going about 80 or so. Now, there is no way with just Intake and Exhaust I should be beating a Type-S. The reason I was able to, is because after the reach peak power, at about 7,000 RPM, the power drops tremendously to redline. If they were shifting to redline, the run a much slower quarter. That may be why some kept up pretty close. I am not trying to take away from anyone's car, but just putting some incite into the engine.

Back