Few B16a questions..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kahuna

Alright I have a 1990 Civic Wagon with a B16a swap.

It has Header, Magnaflow High Flow cat, borla muffler, 2.5" piping, Skunk2 intake manifold, cold air intake, thermal intake gasket.

I was wondering what fuel pressure I should run with this setup? What is the stock fuel pressure?

I'm also getting code 20, Eletric load sensor. Could this be in my alternator or my fuse box, and how do I fix it?
When this code comes on it's usually when the car is running at normal temp and the car starts bogging and doesn't want to rev up, then it will finally jerk and start revving normal. This happens around 3000 RPMs.

I had the fuel pressure turned to 64, and it would backfire and such after running it hard, but it seemed to run good, it would start pulling really hard around 6000RPMs.. But it also would put black spooge on the hatch. Anyways, I turned the fuel pressure back down to 40PSI, it sounds like it is running better, but doesn't seem like it pulls as hard in higher RPMs.

Advice?

Oh yeah, I am wagovanb16man. I haven't been here in months, and I wanted a fresh start.

Here's a few pics of my wagon with the new paint and wheels.
whiteandgoldsex012.jpg

whiteandgoldsex016.jpg

whiteandgoldsex001.jpg

Thats pretty clean man.

As for the ELD. Usually thats due to a missing ground. Also, more often than not, you just have a bad alternator and need to replace it (have yours checked before replace it).

If your grounds and alternator are both good its time to go looking for a fuse box. You're probably gonna have one hell of a time finding one for your car. Its best to get the exact trim because some of the fuses are in different places and different amps.

Most dealers wont be selling this new (your car is too old for that), so a junk yard is gonna be one of the only places youll find it.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Back