Few new parts for the Civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I've been on a buying spree the past month or so...

I've just sold my stock deck, so that money will eventually go to something... dunno what yet.

Brian and I got to work on my speakers this Saturday afternoon. We found out that the stock front speaker size for my car were 5 1/4, and they WERE in fact the stock speakers still in my car. No wonder it sounded like garbage.

A few pics from the install;

We had to do a bit of cutting to get the 6.5s to fit.
med_gallery_27060_160_54171.jpg

Me hooking up my 150w Kenwoods. Damn... I need to shave.
med_gallery_27060_160_29815.jpg

I know, my car is dusty and uh... ashy.
med_gallery_27060_160_573.jpg

Overall shot of the stock grille which fit perfectly again, along with my new 3/4" tweeter.
med_gallery_27060_160_21482.jpg

Passenger tweeter. These things own. Very loud. Very good sound quality.
med_gallery_27060_160_19816.jpg

I got tired of it for the weekend and decided to hold off on replacing the rears which we noticed were 6x9 Blaupunkts. Don't ask, I'm replacing them anyway with Kenwood 6.5s. I don't care, because I'll reuse the 6x9s in my work truck.

As for the rest of my parts, my brother came out and opened my trunk only to notice my STRUT TOWER BRACE I have been putting off. So he decided to do it for me. I need to cut back the material so that it fits around the bar.
med_gallery_27060_160_86374.jpg

med_gallery_27060_160_52352.jpg

Yes I know my trunk is messy.

My only problem is I need to get the exhaust shipped back to RS*R so I can get the correct catback, after that's done I've got a whole list of parts that will be equipped all at once.

My only other interior modification beside my shift knob.
gallery_27060_160_4657.jpg

I'd like to get the exhaust off so that I can get up to the back of hte block and figure out how to get the oil pressure gauge hooked up. I have somewhat detailed instructions on how to do it.

Megan Racing Hbrace.
med_gallery_27060_160_8850.jpg

Megan Racing LCAs
med_gallery_27060_160_50732.jpg

Skunk2 Short throw shifter.
gallery_27060_160_6089.jpg

I want to get a gasket just incase we break mine and bolt my header on as well.
I don't seem to have a picture of my DC Sports 4-1 header. Ah well, I'm sure you all know what they look like anyway.

Sooner or later, I've been searching for the company that ports TBs for cheap as shit, and I can't find the thread or anything on the net about it. I'd like to get this ported over.
med_gallery_27060_160_49615.jpg

Pretty soon I'll have a pretty nice set of bolt ons going on.

I know I'll get criticized... so bring it on. I don't care. :)

im looking to replace my rear speakers and door speakers as well in my 96, when you do the rears get back to me on how difficult it is and how long it took you and shit. if i read an article correctly, you need to remove the whole rear deak thingee... looks like a pain in the ass.

Quoted post[/post]]
im looking to replace my rear speakers and door speakers as well in my 96, when you do the rears get back to me on how difficult it is and how long it took you and shit. if i read an article correctly, you need to remove the whole rear deak thingee... looks like a pain in the ass.

Yeah. we got as far as unbolting just a single part of the top rear deck. I just didn't feel like taking the rest of the car apart. You have to take the rear seats out so you can unbolt the side plastic pieces, which curve up to the door jam. and only then can you get to the rear deck mounts. I gave up on it since it was coming up on 8 pm and I had some friends coming over.

I was told that stock speaker sizes are 6.5" all the way around, and then I opened up my doors and they're 5 1/4", then we checked the rear deck speakers and they're 6x9s. But Crutchfield sent adaptor plates to put 6.5s in the rear.

yeah it was fun figuring out shit and cutting his door to get those speakers to fit but after all the cutting, the fit pretty damn well. thank god for dremels. the rear speakers are going to be a decent project in itself. you gotta take out the back seat, take out the side pieces in the back THEN take off the rear shelf. pretty retarded way of having to go through that just to replace some damn speakers. we will get to it eventually. oh and his new door speakers sound AWESOME. cleanest sounding speakers ive heard in a long time :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
That's a strut tower bar... not a swaybar. Other than that, nice lookin' batch of shit.

was i in oregon??? cuz this is word for word what i was gonna post. lol

that's... creepy. :laugh:

I got the "wicked tuning" aluminum LCAs. Looked like the same thing but a tiny bit beefier. And the anno red will look good with my red painted struts... NOT.

I'm going to win the FUGLIEST suspension award.. But it'll handle like whoa. :dunno:

Last time i put 6.5's where 5.25's were supposed to go I couldn't roll the window down all the way. Glad it worked out for you.

Quoted post[/post]]
Last time i put 6.5's where 5.25's were supposed to go I couldn't roll the window down all the way. Glad it worked out for you.

Yeah after we cut the plastic out of the way we thought about that, so I rolled the window down, stuck the speaker in and pushed back. I didn't hear any clanking, so we installed it and tried to roll the window up and down. It didn't hit so we blew a sigh of relief and finished up.

Back