Few problems during my swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4drb16

Hi, k i have a b16a1 in an 88 dx hatch. its in the car and everything, i had a shop do the wiring and that sorta thing so i dont exactly know how the ecu side of the harness works.

Now

I bought an 88 4dr lx. I put the motor in. However its automatic and a dx. So what i need is help is on how to convert the harness i have on the 4dr to the same as the harness i had on the hatch.

Thanks

To convert your car to A/T

You need to get a wiring diagram of the car. Find the wire in the harness that normally would plug in to your A/T selector. You need to jump the wire for the nuetral safety switch, then you need to take to wiring and run them from the reverse light sensor on the tranny (2 wire) to the A/T selector switch wires that used to be used for the reverse light. Hope that wasnt to unhelpful. It easy once you can visualize what im talking about. :)

Originally posted by Jdubspeeds@May 12 2004, 01:27 AM
To convert your car to A/T

You need to get a wiring diagram of the car. Find the wire in the harness that normally would plug in to your A/T selector. You need to jump the wire for the nuetral safety switch, then you need to take to wiring and run them from the reverse light sensor on the tranny (2 wire) to the A/T selector switch wires that used to be used for the reverse light. Hope that wasnt to unhelpful. It easy once you can visualize what im talking about. :)

ITs not even that complicated... what you do is just the auto selector in Park (so you can start the car and remove the key).

Back