Few questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

I just finished up my prelude to accord swap and everything seems to be running fine. However, have a few weird things going on. 1st when I start the car, the car does not want to go in any gear at all. I have to play with the shifter then eventually it will start working, until I restart the car, then it does the same thing again, and from there I have to play with again so and so on. Could this be the clutch cylinder? Second when I reach a certain RPM or speeds over 60 miles an hour, I get a check engine light. It will not do this in speeds under 60 miles an hour or at moderate rpm’s. I have no knock sensor could this be the reason. It true as well with no knock sensor I will throw a code when V-tec engages.

check for a bent transmission cable. you might have done it when you dropped the engine in.

and bleed the clutch slave. Your clutch only moves about the thickness of your fingernail to begin with.

I pulled back the boot today on the slave & I did see some fluid there, not a lot though. Is that normal or would that definetly mean there is a leak & it needs to be replaced.

unless you opened a line there somewhat recently, I would say that your slave cylinder needs replacement. No leaks are good. Any leaks are bad. Not only does fluid go out, but air comes back in.

Bleed the slave, clean the area well, and check it again. I'd probably just replace it, but that's me.

There should be grease inside the boot...but not brake fluid...bleed the lines and see if you have air in there. If yes, let it go a few days, then check again. If more bubbles, I have 2 clutch slave cylinders that work fine--one from my car OEM (used), one from my JDM tranny (used), and I replaced mine because I bought a combo master/slave because my master had a bad seal. Free, just pay shipping (~$10)

Quoted post[/post]]
There should be grease inside the boot...but not brake fluid...bleed the lines and see if you have air in there. If yes, let it go a few days, then check again. If more bubbles, I have 2 clutch slave cylinders that work fine--one from my car OEM (used), one from my JDM tranny (used), and I replaced mine because I bought a combo master/slave because my master had a bad seal. Free, just pay shipping (~$10)

Forgot to post that I fix the problem, it was my slave that needed to be replaced.

Back