FIBERGLASSING

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

white_lightning

I want to customize the interior on my crx with fiberglass and i seen that for custom speaker boxes people use wood for a mold the part that i don't get is that after i fiberglass the wood do i remove the wood or leave it to strengthen the fiberglass? If i leave it will it be strong enough to support (2) 12" subs?

You don't actually need a mold if you're going to cover the sub enclosure with some type of material. A mold is actually used to produce more than one part or to have an absolutely smooth outside showing (using gelcoat as color). It's a little hard to explain, but you can make an enclosure with MDF (medium density fiberboard) as a structure. You can check out www.teamwycked.com, just browse around there's a page called tips & tricks with complete instructions. We make a fair amount of these enclosures for people at the shop. I'm not going to take credit for the article, it's from lowrider euro. We just simply couldn't beat their detailed article. :worthy: Anyways, don't be intimidated by fiberglass, it can produce awesome results! Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns, I'll be more than glad to help you with any problems you may encounter. Check it out and have fun.

Back