Fidanza Flywheel / Pilot bearing question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

34diesel34

Import Tuner
I have a fidanza flywheel, and I'm about to put the pilot bearing in it. Looking at the fidanza flywheel it looks like the pilot bearing goes in on the backside of the flywheel (the side facing the engine). It will not go in on the front side of the flywheel (the side facing the transmission) because the hole is too small for the pilot bearing to go through. Does anyone know if this is the correct side of the flywheel to tap the pilot bearing into? The picture in the haynes manual show the pilot bearing being tapped in on the front side of the flywheel ( the side facing the transmission). Can anyone confirm that the pilot bearing is tapped in from the backside on fidanza flywheels, and from the front on stock flywheels ?

I finally got the pilot bearing to go into the fidanza flywheel. They didn't machine the whole big enough for the pilot bearing. It was slightly off. I had to use my dremel tool to make the hole slightly bigger and the bearing went in it. I also noticed the fidanza flywheel uses 9 pressure plate bolts instead of 6.

Back