1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figured I'd ask here... Haltech, AEM EMS's or.....

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by 92civicb18b1, Jun 14, 2005.

1. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Since I have almost no options for the 1996 a4 as far as EMS's. I have three choices pretty much.

Haltech EMS -$1200
    AEM EMS - $1500

or sell the car and get a 97+ 30V.

The reason for this would be to SC it. Total cost would be anywhere from $2500-3500 and I'd only make 275-300 hp or so for possible 12s, with some coilovers a badass track car.

Right now I'm thinking that keeping the car for a few months and then selling it for the 30V is the best idea. There are more options for the 30V and it's tuneable/chippable without a stand alone.

Yes, I've decided I have to modify it one way or another. The most I'd do to this is a CAI, Exhaust, tint and maybe some rims if I decide not to SC this.

The 12V is like an LS and the 30V is like a GSR. The latter being a better, more powerful starting platform.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

neither. IMO, its a pimp daily driver and leave it at that. you start throwing boost at that motor, and you're going to have problems... maybe not with the motor- but with everything else connected to it. audi's are not hondas.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted