filling transmisson

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic32958

i have a b16a2 and the need to know where i fill the tranny at ???? can anyone help i already searched

On the passenger side, approximently 3 inches from the drian plug (drian plug is a square that you can stick a 3/8ths socket into to take the plug out). Its a 17mm if i remember right. You will need about 2.3qts to fill the tranny. Also, pick up a funnel with a VERY long flexible hose. Stick it in the hole and fill until it leaks over.

drain_fill.jpg

and the LS tranny, and the ITR tranny, and all the d series trannys, and I am assuming the H series are like that too.

so what is that one on the top of the tranny it has a rubber cover on it and has a hole to access the tranny my boy did his there and he has tranny fluid in his engine, i don't know it if matters that it was an ls tranny

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Mar 29 2005, 10:56 AM
he has tranny fluid in his engine
[post=480220]Quoted post[/post]​

huh? :huh:

as far as the vent, that is another place you can fill it, however, unless you have the side fill hole open, you will not know the exact level where you have to stop and it takes forever. Also, people remove the VSS to do it, however, sometimes that can be a bitch to take off.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Mar 29 2005, 09:56 AM
so what is that one on the top of the tranny it has a rubber cover on it and has a hole to access the tranny my boy did his there and he has tranny fluid in his engine,
[post=480220]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats why he should use motor oil. I run straight 10w30 in my tranny. It's better then most gear oil out there unless its HMTF

Back