Final Fantasy X

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever tried to use a gameshark with Final Fantasy X. I got the new gameshark today and just tried to load up the cheats to see what its like and it doesn't work. Anyway, just wondering.
thanks!

I'm done with the game. I just got X2 tonight, but I haven't started it yet. I got the shark for the media player thinggy, but the codes aren't working for ffx

well, you don't need the shark if you finished it. the game is made for hours of gameplay... if you're not willing to do the tasks, then, don't do it.

you'd miss out on some story bits and side quests if you used the gameshark anyway. they might not even let you use it.

and by the way... X-2 sucked compared to X imho... but i still bought it, and still played it... it's just not as good as the older ones.

Seems like a game shark would be nice to speed up the hours spent mindlessly leveling up your characters, as most of what i play the games for is the story.

i bought X2 the day after it came out.

havent taken the cellophane off the box.

ive been busy with Grandia Xtreme and tibia.

X2? As in X2 The Threat?, or X2 the stupid superhero/movie game?

well, the POINT of getting all those things is SPENDING the hours to get them. like i say, there's bits of story you get while you go on the side quests.

if all you want is the main storyline, you can very well beat it and not play it again, so why do you NEED the gameshark?

:werd: :fosho: yada yada yada

Why play a game that takes hours to complete if you don't want to spend hours to complete...just read the spoilers about the game on some message board or something...or download the FMV's?

Gameshark user = non-gamer imo

Oh... X2 as in 10-2... okay. Confusin me!

10-2 sucked balls. My brother bought it and hated it. I tried it and hated it. The battle system was.... different... but a little too different to be a good thing.

I spent 30 hours on ffx so far and I could have finished it, but why...now its easier. I got the Gameshark for the media player function, thats it, but when I found out what you could do with it, I had to give it a shot. I had to turn off a bunch of codes, there were too many trying to load. Anyway, I'm not a gamer and I'll never spend that much time on a game again...but it is raining outside today.

if you're not a gamer... why buy ANY RPG? i'm not seeing your reason for getting the game if you're not down to put the effort into it.

but, no, i don't have the codes.... and i don't know why they won't work if you have them. if you already beat it, and it's easier, just play again. or, better yet....

PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME! :p

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Aug 24 2004, 03:31 PM
if you're not a gamer... why buy ANY RPG?  i'm not seeing your reason for getting the game if you're not down to put the effort into it.

but, no, i don't have the codes.... and i don't know why they won't work if you have them.  if you already beat it, and it's easier, just play again.    or, better yet....

PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME! :p
[post=381101]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly! I'm a huge fan of RPGs and RTS (Front Mission 4 lately) games to a much lesser extent, but IMO they are meant to be played for a long time. Action games where nobody gives 2 poops about time investment are ok to gameshark IMO.

Check your versions. If you don't have codes for the correct gameshark version, they won't work. also make sure you have the "must be on" code.

why are you guys getting mad and stuff? if i had bought gameshark thats supposed to work with many games then i would also wonder why it wouldnt work for a specific one. btw....i hate RPGs.

Because with PS2 they've had 2 or 3 different versions of gameshark for it. You need the codes correspondent to the version.

While i dont personally own a game shark (the last "ehnancer" i owned was the game genie for my nes) I can see their merit. I personally wouldnt use it if i had it because i feel that if a game is worth accomplishing it is worth it to invest the time into leveling up. That being said i wouldnt knock a person or not call them a gamer if they used it. I mean yeah its a bit of a bummer that they put to little effort into accomplishing what would take me many hours to do, but thats their perogative. I love playing these games and though the leveling may be monotous, i know in the end i can look back at all the hard work ive put into it and see results; the sense of accomplishment is something that the "cheater" would be bereft of, but again it all comes down to priorities.

i'm not getting mad, but what he's saying makes no sense.

'i don't want to spend hours playing this game' uhm, that's what they're made for.

that's why i say, give up... play something else. hahaha.

pop in GT3. /rpg gaming

Back