Final Issue (Im Screwed)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

Alright I have a D-15B8 Motor My Cam Bearings are screwed beyond all repair Gashes in the Head I now am Forced to no longer get the Motor I want but now I have to get the motor I can afford Im looking at a D16(non-Vtec)

Do I need to replace the Tranny or can I use the same one since its a D-Series

Please Dont Flame My Question I just need some help because I have to replace this ASAP!!!!

If it will not work will you please state why and What I need to get to make it work.

Thanks all the people that actually help....
Screw those that say Im an Idiot and yet not put any information to make me look bad... (makes me think you dont know sh*t either).

Thank you. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

i dont think any one thinks that you are an idiot.... just lazy.....
your fine with the tranny..look into a minie me swap.....and read the FAQ..and stickies all th info you need is all here...when you learn the basics by reading the you can ask more technial q's like tranny ratios and which one will benefit you for your setup...good luck.....
read some of my first post i got flamed to for asking stupid Q's i stopped posting and started reading...its the only way to get help...ive been throught it and no i dont know much considering all the smart and dedicated people in Honda Swap....

I would almost say that this is in the wrong forum, but I can't tell- I don't understand what the hell the original poster is trying to say.

:wtf2:

I say the more you research the more you will not have to ask questions how to, I have plenty of D Series stuff around my house just let me know what you need.

this is turnin into HT.

The tranny will work
A mini me will work, net more power and be cheaper in the long run
A stock replacement head could work as well.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 6 2005, 05:00 PM
this is turnin into HT.

[post=442202]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah but thats the way it is ...it is more efficient ....thats why that area is there....... no one should ever feel bad because another person tells you to search that means the info is already there for the peson to read and learn......its the fundamental part of an education...you did go to school right....remember reading and comprehension?????i was no good at spelling....he just went on a postbinge....just trying t help man

Now the Question is what is my ECU?????
D15B8 is OBD1 but....
My car is 1997 CX which should be OBD2 Now what Do I do???
I just looked at my ECU I have no idea what it is because It looks nothing like the pictures of and OBD1 or OBD2 ECU's???? Im Screwed AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay hurry to the stash and toke...now chill ....who did you buy the car from and how are you so shure about the dif in the obd?

Originally posted by Riceras@Jan 6 2005, 05:24 PM
Now the Question is what is my ECU?????
D15B8 is OBD1 but....
My car is 1997 CX which should be OBD2 Now what Do I do???
I just looked at my ECU I have no idea what it is because It looks nothing like the pictures of and OBD1 or OBD2 ECU's???? Im Screwed AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post=442218]Quoted post[/post]​

SLOW DOWN take a deep breath~

ive got a nightmare in my garage i understand your frustration

I GOT ECU-ITIS
im still searching the "search button" for my info too

ht is no where near as efficient. HT has a bunch of info bundled up in a very hard to use system. Granted their search funtion works a little better, but the site layout kills it as well as a lot of the assholes who use it. HS is much more subtle and more reliable source of info when people decide to answer correctly unlike people like you and HT members who do nothing but say use the search function, why waste your time scanning the threads when your just gonna say search. There are exceptions, this is not one of them.

No offense to you but I personally don't care whether you sat and researched for hours upon hours. Some people don't have the time or patience and a quick answer is all that is needed. So please, this is my most often viewed website, please do not ruin the quality by your uneductaional "use the search comments". I am not trying to offend you or start an arguement.

Who cares what the ECU is if your changing the motor. You should defenitly get the ECU to go with it. You shouldn't even touch it unless you have a reason too. So back away from the OBD system and stick with the problem.

If you're just gonna get another head for it, then get a new headgasket and valve cover gasket, put it on and torque it to specs. I still reccomend marking everything you touch so you know where it goes.

I can even take the time to rewrite his question because I personally would like my questions answered

I have a D-15B8 Motor I messed up the my cam Bearings beyond repair. There are gashes in the head and due to the lack of funds I no longer can get the motor I wanted. But I have to get a motor I can afford, which is a non-vtec d16.

Will I need to replace the tranny or can I use the same one since its a D-Series?

He didn't ask this but I'll do it for him, even though it was answered.

Is there another way I can repair the damage? I.E. Another head

word. just get an obd2 head non vtech, or v tech, if your ecu isnt v tech than even if you find a v tech head for cheaper (not likely) just bolt it on and v tech just wont kick in, you're not in that much of a tight spot brotha, not to worry, everyone is here to help, just pull the head off and slap a new one on and zoom zoom :) ...oh wait thats mazda :p

Originally posted by formby@Jan 6 2005, 02:33 PM
i dont think any one thinks that you are an idiot.... just lazy.....
your fine with the tranny..look into a minie me swap.....

i answered his question before telling him/her he should look it up

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 6 2005, 06:23 PM
A vtec head will not just bolt on like that
[post=442265]Quoted post[/post]​

ya i know but atleast he could get the head, it should work, then when he gets more money an easy/cheap upgrade is changin the bits to make v tech work with the block.

those d15 blocks dont have a an oil passage for a v tech sensor do they??

Back