Finalized the Build.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Im almost finished with part 1. It rained today, so i didnt get to install the new rack or the A-Arms.

Im getting this car ready just for the occassional strip days and the occassional days at the ranch.

GET THE CAR ON THE ROAD STUFF

New Front A-Arms - $260
Left Front Tie Rod - $43
Steering Rack - $190
Rewire Engine Harness - Free
Fix Exhaust Leak - $20
Burn New Chip for P28 - Free
Stripped Interior - Free

$513

I/H/E

HKS Exhaust - $382
AEM V2 - $249
Magnaflow Cat - $180

$811

Head

MSD 6A - $199
MSD Coil - $129
NGK Wires - $70
Crower Stage 2 Cams - $500
Manley Springs & Retainers - $300
AEM Cam Gears - $135
Port and Polish - Free

$1333

Suspension

Koni Yellow Struts/Shocks - $492
Eibach Sportline Springs - $207
Energy Suspension Bushings - $159
Eibach Camber Kit - $73
Neuspeed Strut Bar - $126
Neuspeed Sway Bars - $490

$1547

Brakes & Racing

Earls Brake Lines - $99
Hawk HP Plus Race Pads - $190
Power Slot Rotors - $294
Koyo Radiator - $369

$932

*** This one is not definite...I just might be running more Road/AutoX ***
Roll Cage

Autopower Roll Cage - $674.95

$700

Drivetrain

Circuit Worx Final Drive - $750
Quaife LSD - $920
ACT Flywheel - $270

$1940

Criticism, Recommendations and praise all welcome. School is actually helping me save money. I only have Tue & Thu off from work and then i go to school all day tuesday and thrusday.

I have no where to spend money except starbucks, gas (for the protege) and fast food...so i only go through like 150 bucks a pay check. Everything else is tuition, books and car.

Fun times. :)

Last edited:
pretty nice choices. definitly saved a bunch compared to some uf us. Congrats and post up pics when possible. good luck!

my hope is to have the all of the first part (AKA Cheap part) finished by saturday, after that, itll be a month before i finish up the IHE section....then another month before i get to the head.

Im looking at about a month between each step since im not spending anything.

Forgot to add the camber kit...id like to get more than 4,000 miles out of my brand new tires.

Last edited:
yeah, i know they are monsterous...im milling the head a smidgen and dropping to a single layer HG.

10.8-11:1 i dont know exactly what itll be...the cams arent set in stone, I know im not running enough compression to fully utilize them, but i dont think id be dropping power by going with stage 3 over 2.

I just looked it up, If i mill the head .020, ill be at 11:1 compression with the stock headgasket (and we all know that is preferable).

Last edited:
if i have all of this done by the time they reopen next year, itll rock....i dont think itll be done before christmas, but anything is possible.

if i have all of this done by the time they reopen next year, itll rock....i dont think itll be done before christmas, but anything is possible.

It is Texas- everything should be open year 'round. :)

I don't think you'll see a drop in peak power, but the Stage 2 will give you more power across the board. The Stage 3 is going to kill your low and mid RPM power. From dyno charts that I've seen they like compression over 12:1.

If he's anywhere near high 11s for compression, he can fill in for the lack of compression with more aggressive timing.

itll be 11:1 compression using an OEM HG, and thats probably what im gonna end up doing.

makes sense, not saying your wrong.

I'm sorry, a little drunk still but what car/engine is this on? H22?
Also from what I keep hearing, go with the AEM v1 > v2...just make sure its the 3in one. Constantly outperforms the V2 on the dyno for some reason.

goin on the car in my sig. 92 h22 prelude

i used zeal to give you that compression rating i quoted earlier...although it doesnt give the right CR for a stock jdm h22.

Ill check out the cam site when i get home from work.

Back