finally am getting a b18c type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fcluddington

been saving a long time. finally have a jdm b18c type r getting shipped to my house. WOW. can hardly sleep.fking excited. I have a 1996 ls 4 door in great condition the engine an tranny are goin in. I havent ever installed a jdm ordered engine. an would like any advice like "f**k wish i woulda checked that. I plan on using my existing wiring harness an run the extra wires for vtec. I have thought about replacing my radiator car has 179000 an dont think its ever been flushed. the motor arrives aug.17th. just trying to get ready. thanks btw i got caught up in the moment an ordered a jdm type r gauge cluster with shifter ball?? wtf its only money

sounds like you will have a lot of fun. make sure you do a compression check as soon as you get the engine. and i would get a chipped ecu. i have a hondata s100. that should work great for your app. what mods are you planning to do to the engine?

what mods are you planning to do to the engine?
Its an R! Throw a whale dick, a wraped 4 to 1 on it and bump the timing from 14 to about 17-18 degrees and leave it alone. you will be able to run it hard every day for a long time.

spent a day removing b18b another day putting in the type r. finding out their are a few diff. in wiring. like the jdm doesnt have a cfk crank fluckuation sensor. looks pretty straight fwd. hook up vtec solenoid and knock sensor only as far as adding to existing b harness. not sure but i dont think the jdm uses a idle control vlv.. lets just say very happy with how it was shipped. I have a p73.. i am really looking fwd to turning the key.

thanks, sure wish i could get my hands on a wiring print for my 96 teg. more like info on what sensors control what. rite now my fuel pump wont turn on. engine cranks fine. I believe i have bad grounds. I am using the obd2a ecu print from our tech section. I dont know where to look for a description an actual pin location. ( example turn on key what pin allows 12v to fuel pump an what location on ecu provides the ground. any help would be great. an yes the ls harness works great except a little short in places. also the two front rubber engine mounts were trashed.

Just wanted to follow up with my post. The engine has been in for about a month. I have put it an the tranny threw the meatgrinder and it perfomed better than i could of hoped for. My first time with a LSD. what can I say exept been waiting a long time for a setup like this an wow it was worth the wait. The company i used was jdm online an they were great to work with thanks. I also like the idea of having a spare lsb18b in the grage. I use this site daily. thanks for all the info was very helpful.

2 things, dont' let anybody know what swap you have and get a friggen alarm. like, yesterday.

Back