Finally back in the garage....part deux!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
(...continued from https://hondaswap.com/threads/finally-back-in-the-garage.405386/ )

So, I left Houston on Thursday evening and made the "Holy shit, this is a lot further than I thought it would be" drive up to Connecticut; a few days, two extremely delicious and equally greasy pizzas, and a half roll of packing tape later I was on the road back to Texas!

29l0ig3.jpg

Got her back to the shop bright & early Monday, with the only incident on the trip back being my almost shitting myself from the pizza (was delicious, do not regret) and introduced her to some new friends...

f9lct2.jpg

Literally spent the ENTIRE day at the shop making room for and unpacking all of the parts/spares/extras/goodies that we brought back. I've got a few projects at the shop that I've gotta finish up before I can dive into this...but, stay tuned. Big things planned for this li'l girl :D

The pizza didn't bother me, and my guts are usually the first to 'let go' :shrug2: Maybe it was all the other fast food junk you mow'ed on the way up?

It was a blast meeting you and John and loading shit up. I had fun even if it was a lot of work. Looking forward to how this bitty turns out.

Glad this thing went to a good home. Hopefully we can see a good build thread and some track videos one day.

Brian is this crx Jeremy's old one that he sold to Steve, that Clayton bought like 10 plus years ago?

no, clayton had this car before we met him. i'm not sure what happened to jeremy's old crx after steve had it. im not sure what happened to it.

some of the parts from Steve's (Jeremy's) old car made up for the parts that I destroyed and spruced up the car, and a few other cars that came my way.

1800's....I'm not that old...:shades:

Pikes Peak 2016 car, and shit is about to be BANANAS.

I'm working with Cody Loveland / Lovefab on some turbo stuff for the M3, and he's going to be building some stuff for the CRX as well. Current plan is to get this thing built and set up over the holidays, tuned in January, and spend February-June on track getting it set up for Pikes Peak in late June. Brooks Motorsport Composites will be handling the aero (as usual), and I'll be doing the rest. Going to use as many of the parts that came with the car from Clayton as I can, including the suspension and brakes and wheels.

I won't be sharing any more details quite yet, but I just ordered an AEM standalone and a buncha fancy AEM sensors as well. Currently waiting to hear back from a company in Australia about a sequential shift setup as well.

Woot!

The M needs the motor gone back through, and we're building a turbo setup for it which is going to take some time - I'm tired of getting to the track and breaking things, I want to make sure I've got all my ducks in a row before we go back to a major event with the car. I've got most of the parts I need to finish the CRX, and I've already secured a few sponsors to help me get the motor built and together in the next month or so - so it's going to be much more cost efficient (and fun, I'll bet) to get the CRX thrown together and send it up the peak next year.

How was your 2015 race, forgot if there was a thread or not about it.

Back