Finally back in the garage....part deux!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Man that car was so much fun to drive with the dinky hks turbo on it lol

image.jpeg

No room up front for the radiator? lol. Looks like lots of room.

Where's the "intake" for the radiator? Up through the floor? Or just open front windows + fans all the time to pull air across?

...and you haven't seen the wing and splitter mounts yet

So really you do have space in the front for the rad (or even a slightly smaller one if that specific one doesn't fit.)

Is the intent to shift weight front front to rear then?

There's plenty of space, but I don't want that airflow going through the front end; the weight adjustment from in front of the front axle to the rear of the car is a big plus as well. As it is now, the front bumper/front wing/splitter/front support bar will all come off as one piece relatively easily to facilitate easy front end workin's and trailer loading/unloading. Gonna have big ol' scoops in the rear 1/4 windows to channel air back to the radiator and intercooler heat exchanger.

Or maybe a roof scoop. Concerned about exhaust getting into the passenger scoop, and don't want to offset the scoops and unbalance it.

Thoughts? Discuss plz

What's the concern with exhaust getting into the side scoops? Exhaust fumes affecting the driver?

1. I think the exhaust will disperse pretty quickly once it exits and starts to travel around the front/side of the car.

2. You're going to be directing the side scoops to the radiator right? Any fumes that make it in should then go through the radiator and out the back right?

I can't remember, do you roll windows up or down at Pikes Peak?

No windows. I'm concerned about higher air temps to the radiator from exhaust; it shouldn't B an issue for the driver to get fumes

Honestly I don't think it'll be an issue. The exhaust should disperse quickly and you'll have wayyy more cold air from atmosphere.

This last few days we've been learning about setting up an AEM Infinity standalone. Quite an endeavor as the engine management we primarily use is the OEM Bosch / Siemens DME's on the Euro cars that we typically work on, and on top of that I'm not a tuner and I don't do tuning. On customers' vehicles we typically do the build and then bring in the appropriate tuner for whatever the build/engine management is...but, at any rate, after a few long, late, frustrating nights followed by a three-minute phone call From the World Famous Amazing Cody Loveland for him to say "Oh, yeah, that's tricky, you gotta do this," we got it fired up! I'll put up some videos of it running once we get it dialed in a bit better and get the pedals hooked up and the cooling system functioning 100%; everything is hooked up and plumbed, but there's a very very slight drip from one of the fittings on the back of the engine that I'd prefer to get at with the car on the lift, and both of our lifts are occupied at the moment...but, in the meantime, here are some photos of the progress we've made this week!

Made some custom shifty linkage...

...and mounted the Integrated Engineering surge tank to the side of the fuel cell cradle

Also scored a SWEET set of super-OG Mugen 1st gen CRX sway bars...they cost a few bucks, but SO worth it - the only sway bars I can find for this are add-on / clamp-on style that go on in addition to the factory bar, and after all the other work we're putting into the car I'm not going to do some hokey shit like clamp some aftermarket shit on with exhaust clamps. Wanted to make sure they were legit (although I have zero reason to doubt the seller), so we asked a friend of mine's Japanese girlfriend to translate...

Hopefully by the end of this weekend we'll have all the wiring in the car finished (Still have to do lights, wiper, defroster, and finish wiring in the water/meth injection setup) and get a good base tune on so we can let it sit here and idle! woot!

didn't RPR make an adjustable rear panhard bar, also?

Back