Finally back in the garage....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I played around with it today a bit, just to test fit the alt with the supercharger pully on it. Don't fit. I'd have to cut out a pocket in a stress frame stand that goes to the lower rack, re-weld it to be structurally safe, and re-paint the bay again. Plus I don't have a rear motor mount bracket to line it up perfectly to know where to start cutting. I think I might just pick up a turbo B series already built and wired...to drop in.

And I wanted to hear that SC whine..... Ohh well. Back to fishing.

this is a growing trend that ive seen here on h/t... spend a bazillion bucks and hours on a project... then want to sell it... this is no way to make a living...

i find that instead of selling off old projects that you lose interest in, that its better to just let them sit in your garage. you will get bored one day. :)

boring day that I couldn't go fishing.... pulled motor, cut and pound, cut and pound, drop back in, pull again, cut more, grind more, ....drop back in, re-adjusted alternator, pull and drop... just one more fitment left...and it will clear.

DSC06367.JPG

DSC06368.JPG

DSC06369.JPG

DSC06370.JPG

DSC06371.JPG

DSC06372.JPG

DSC06373.JPG

DSC06375.JPG

DSC06377.JPG

Still got a huge part's list for shopping...and more hours of work. The hood is going to end up with about 6 holes, 2 to clear the Tein's adjusters, and 4 for hood pins, but I think I might go with those aero-catch latches. Have to get axles, and rear motor mount bracket...

I'd really love to just get 75% of the money invested into this so far and have it out of my hair. Some rich guy can finish it.:rolleyes:

the aerocatch latches work great if you have 2-3 inches of space to work with...

Or you can get the lockable version and mount inverted as I did. Disregard that I was slightly off on my alignment

1290968922.jpg

I was hoping airjockie had reappeared, I'm disappointed.

yeah, he's been waiting on the crx to wear a certain sexy little number and whisper the right things.

but, he doesnt want to have to tell crx that is what he's waiting for and is hoping crx will do it will do it on its own.

so, he may never be in the mood. or at least for a very long time.

for a very, very, very long time......

the datsun is back in the garage for it's wire harness install...and the weather is getting better to go fishing again......

Back