finally boosted!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffsciv23

i finally got the balls to put my homemade kit on last weekend, but i think it's only hitting about 4psi because i might have a charge pipe leak. (just learned how to weld while i was doing it). you would be suprised how many people back off when they hear it spool and the little pshshsh!
the only problem is my boost guage isn't working at the moment, last time it worked was when i had an idle prob and the highest i seen it then was 4psi but i have to be hitting higher then that because it feels fast as shit. i think my IACV went out though because i have a code 14 and when i'm idling it's at like 200-500 rpm's. tomarrow i'm fixing my chargepipe leak and moving my wastgate source to the charge pipe so i don't lose any pressure because of the intercooler.

congrats man! but im one day ahead of you :p what turbo are you using? how much did ur kit run you? what engine is it one and whats been done? id like to compare it to my engine...right now im runnin a fairly large t28....when full boost...that shit hits hella hard! im soo glad im boosted! :worthy:

i've seen you on HMT.
right now i have a t25 with the wastgate set at 8psi but i'm not sure because boost gauge went to shit, on an d16y8 with nothing done to it but abuse. i've had it running since monday but it hasn't been running right, but i adjusted my fmu and it seems pretty good but i need to fix my leak. next is to get rid of the dsm ic and get the tyrus fmic and louder bov.

well theres that one guy selling his unused tyrus IC.....well hopefully its just the boost guage bein gone and not the turbo itself...that would suck mad ass!

no it's not the turbo because i still have boost, and the bov cracks everytime i let off. does the wastgate make a noise?

i dunno if my wastegate makes noise or not....i still need to weld up my down pipe...right now its straight out the turbo....

i had to get mine done asap because my neighbors were bitching it was too loud because i had open exhast and a loping idle. so i went and got one made at a local muffler shop for $65

i don't have a boost controller, but i'm gonna fix my gauge and leaking charge pipe and run my wastgate vacuum off a nipple after the ic. hope that helps.

Back