Finally bought a honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

budda

Was tipped off to this site way back in 2008 from the Turbo Dodge forums, and registered because I figured I'd own a honda eventually, although for some reason I kept buying dodges and having them break down all the time, because that's what they do. Especially turbo charged ones that are my age.

Anyway 5 years later, here it is!!!

2009 Honda Civic SI. Got a killer deal on it. Certified used with 50k. Carfax showed a couple of accidents, one serious, but it's under warrantee for 3 more years, so if nothing goes wrong by then, it probably won't. And it sure looks gorgeous. Doesn't quite have near the power of my 89 daytona shelby, but it has AC and all the electrics actually work, which is new for me, so it's a far better daily driver.

It's the newest car I've ever owned, the only car I've ever owned from this century (newest was a 95 taurus SHO) and I pretty much love this car as much as one can love a car. Hopefully I'll be driving this for at least a decade, and 200k miles or so.

Nice... i prefer the 4dr over the 2dr in the newer Civics

Nice ride ! :thumbsup:

I have the same car except the 2dr version and I love driving it. It's got just enough power to keep me interested but not enough to get me in trouble, haha.

130831979143.jpg

Damn i thought dilfuck was gonna say something about the SHO lol

Nice car dude! I want one in red so bad! and welcome to the forum

Hey budda, I remember you. Welcome back! I love that body style of Si... thought about picking one up myself- and then adding huge tires, huge brakes, and a fatty turbo plus some sweet suspension to tie it all together.

:D

Hey budda, I remember you. Welcome back! I love that body style of Si... thought about picking one up myself- and then adding huge tires, huge brakes, and a fatty turbo plus some sweet suspension to tie it all together.

:D

Good to see you're still around! It's certainly been awhile lol. Btw, do it! lol. It's like some sort of luxurious 200hp go-kart. It's possibly the most fun car ever.

Sweet! Is that the factory body kit?

I think so, although photos of 2009 SIs seem to look a little different so I really don't know for sure. If not, I suppose that would explain the carfax :p

lol

Been here a while.

Nice pickup. I'd be scared to buy something crashed, but 'major' can be a described more financially than physical these days. a bumper and 13 air bags is basically totaled nowadays.

Yeah the carfax scared me. Especially since I read the front page, it said "accident reported" and the salesman tried to pass it off, saying that means "there's no damage, it's clean." I'm like "wait a minute let me read this!" There's 2 accidents. One the car was rear ended, minor damage, and another involving front end impact to another vehicle that left the car disabled. There's really not alot of front end to smash though so who knows. Probably the bumper was just in the wheels. Idk. I was trading a 2009 ford fusion with a freshly expired warranty and a slipping transmission that's about to crap out any day now, so the pressure was on to get rid of it. I wasn't gonna find another certified used civic with a manual in my price range, certainly not an SI. I got the extended warrantee, looked the car over REAL good, and decided to take my chances. I'll probably have a hard time selling it, but I don't really plan to...ever, lol.

Welcome aboard !

Call me crazy, but I enjoy the 89 Daytona. Got pics of that too ?

Hell yeah I do! lol it's my dream car.

Some specs too. All of these mods were done by the previous owner several years ago. Still needs some restoration work, and needs some steering rack work, and I want to bring it back to stock ride height. It also has some moderate rocker rust that needs addressed in the year or two. I plan to garage keep it now that I have a solid daily driver and hopefully finish it's restoration.

2.2 Turbo II, A-555 getrag trans. Engine rebuilt, bored .030 over, ported head with 1mm os valves. Ported manifolds, 3 inch exhaust (no muffler. it's way too loud) 52mm tb. T3/T4 turbo, same side FMIC. Snow performance meth injection. Was dyno'd at 330/375 Hp/tq at 26psi in 2009. Also the interior was swapped from a 1984 Daytona, somewhat lazily, so I had to install the dome light, rear seatbelts, and there's some other electrics that don't work but they're not really important.

I bought this to be my daily back in january before inheriting the aforementioned ford fusion, so I lowered the boost to 18. I'll probably keep it there. It's still crazy powerful for how light it is. The camshaft snapped on the way home from buying it 3 hours after signing the title (340 miles from home btw) and I'm broke so I had to replace it with a stock TBI cam. Also had to replace a bad computer cal, not to mention totally rewire the fuel pump. Most of the hard stuff's out of the way at least. Definitely never taking it out of town again. That 340 mile towing bill left me broke for months. It's totally worth it though. I'm definitely torn between the Shelby and SI as to which one's cooler.

P1080817 by itsbudda, on Flickr

Also here's a video of the car in action back in 2009. I'm not the one who recorded the video, but I was actually there. Partially the reason I bought the car. I fell in love with it 5 years ago. It didn't matter that it had ended up all the way in baltimore. It didn't matter that it had been incredibly badly painted at maaco. What could go wrong buying and driving home a 23 year old car 540 miles away. It popped up for sale the day my Spirit was totaled. It was fate, or a coincidence just crazy enough to work (or go catastrophically wrong.)

Oh Snap, The Sequel by itsbudda, on Flickr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRYosFWUDtM

Last edited:
well i guess welcome back then... lol i guess i read that wrong haha

so you're going to let an 09 civic sit outside while an 89 daytona sits in the garage?
'murica!!

Well the 89 daytona is a Shelby, and i don't plan to drive it daily. It already has some rust issues that are gonna explode out of control before it can be patched if I don't store it inside. The civic, is a rebuilt wreck that doesn't already have rust issues that will be driven over 100 miles a day if I get this job next week, so yeah. Especially since my garage is behind the house and access is usually blocked by my mom's car, I kinda want to keep the honda where I'll be able to use it without playing musical cars every day.

I bought this car to drive it. Not to stare at how pretty it is. Or do you think i'd be better off paying a car payment for something that's just gonna sit in the garage while I risk driving around a rare classic car that's too powerful and old to be remotely reliable? I found a civic SI in cincinnati. I had to go to baltimore to buy the Daytona. Sorry bud, it's getting the garage spot.

Last edited:
OP, nice looking car. I always liked the 09 Si.

a bumper and 13 air bags is basically totaled nowadays.

The insurance company and the body shop both told me that if an airbag goes off in a post 2010 car, it's going to be totaled out.

you wanna here something to make you sick, i sold my 92 iroc r/t shelby daytona for 500 bucks about 4 years ago it was 1of around 25 that was made white if i remember correct lol, but love the civic, k series love race header and k-pro

Last edited:
Back