Finally done with my turbo set up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erebunicrx

my name is Dale
finally got this all done. feels kinda nice. getting boost creep somtimes @10-11 psi and i have the stock map sensor so it cuts out. but today were putting in the 2.5 bar map maybe 13 psi. i have low compression in all cylinders about 143 across. i got raped by coreyr with his z6 with a 14b and i mean raped. im running a 60/63 t3. full spool around 5k.

EDIT: i forgot to thank josh, aka hotrex , aka cc-fab for lots of held with different flanges and hooking me up with this turbo and a good deal on the manifold. and coreyr for buying me some shit to finish this bitch up.

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

its some kinda heat wrap the first coupler melted.

overkill? nahhh. top end yo

why get something then have to upgrade? very close to a t3super 60. not very big at all. with a good running motor i would have seen full boost at around 4200. that plenty of power band for me anyway

Oh dude, I didn't know you were doing that ! I may call on your for some help in mine. I'm not doing the equal length runners, but I do need some help with the IC piping.

Quoted post[/post]]
not bad at all. sounds like you owe some people some favors...

yeah, but i'll work it off or pay them back somehow. were opening up a shop this summer so im sure we'll work somthing out.

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh dude, I didn't know you were doing that ! I may call on your for some help in mine. I'm not doing the equal length runners, but I do need some help with the IC piping.

no problem. the mani josh made and the piping i welded...

a 60/63 t3/t4 is a BIG intake side... I wasn't running that big on my b16... And i'd spool by 4k. If you had a 50 or 54 compressor, you'd spool MUCH quicker, and see much better power...

he beat you because of your huge turbo... he spooled faster and was in boost for a lot longer than you were. Ihi rhb5 turbo and cal it a day, run it at 10psi... its got a t3 flange too

no we went from a roll. i was already at 5k. there was no catching him ...ever. just really low compression. maybe going to check valve clearance b/c im not burning any oil.

whats your cr?
stock, i think

no we went from a roll. i was already at 5k. there was no catching him ...ever. just really low compression. maybe going to check valve clearance b/c im not burning any oil.
sounds like some crispy valves to me...
you ever have the head off?
the 143 across was pre-turbo?
if so push the boost and pop it

Quoted post[/post]]
T28 or 14b is about as big as you want to go

btw... for what you spent... it better run 11s.

your an idiot. run 11's for under $1k? too bad you know nothing about cars. and a 14b is a little bitch ass turbo. sure if your goals are 200hp and no top end.

the turbo he is running is a straight t3 off a turbo 2.3 ford. a big t3 but definatley not too big.

Quoted post[/post]]
whats your cr?
stock, i think

sounds like some crispy valves to me...
you ever have the head off?
the 143 across was pre-turbo?
if so push the boost and pop it

well the compression was actually even lower when we first put the motor in it was all over the place like 125/135/140/130 but i think after a few weeks of driving cleaned the valves off. im thinking the rings are going. the motor is 19 years old after all.

i was just gonna say it looks like a .60/.63 off of a tbird/svo/merkur

my .60/.63 t3/t4 that im tryin to sell looks a bit bigger than that does

sweet setup though, are u still trying to sell everything together? or are u keeping it now

Back