Finally done with my turbo set up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]your an idiot. run 11's for under $1k? too bad you know nothing about cars. and a 14b is a little bitch ass turbo. sure if your goals are 200hp and no top end.

the turbo he is running is a straight t3 off a turbo 2.3 ford. a big t3 but definatley not too big.
dude.... there are 3 cars at the local track that run low 11s that were built on a COMPLETE 1k budget... so please... shut the fuck up.

a 14b is a bitch turbo? the DSM awd record for the 14b is a 12.1 at 111mph... or was a while ago...... do you have any idea how much power you have to make to push a TANK of a awd to a 12.1? ..... its a little bit more than 200hp....

you obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

the 14b was used on the DSM 2liter motor and has taken SEVERAL of them to very VERY nice times.

btw... a 14b on a GA16DE at 14psi makes 244hp on the ground..... a t28 at 13 psi makes 255.

Seriously..... the turbo is WAAAAAY to big... I could go on, but simply put.... you are wrong, and if you want your car to go faster, learn what the hell you are doing.

14b's on 1.5 mirages make 200whp at 10psi.

14b's on 1.8 mirages make 200whp at 7psi.

yes, the 14b is a very nice turbo. :) i have one :mrgreen:

big fucking deal. douche bag. $1000 does that include motor? nahh didn't think so. and let me clue you in to something. 111 mph trap speed is bitch time. corey has a 14b on his car now he knows 14bs are bitch turbos. i would be ashamed if i had a built turbo motor and i trapped 111mph lol.

I'd glady boost my D15Z6, but with 140k+ mile on the bottom end, I think boost is the last thing it needs. Gonna find me a B20 and turbo that this summer.

Joe....watch out...your EP3 may be in danger.

dude.... there are 3 cars at the local track that run low 11s that were built on a COMPLETE 1k budget... so please... shut the fuck up.

prove it

i'm beginning to think that you don't really understand what a DIY junkyard setup is all about...

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!onemilliononehundredthousandonehundredandeleven!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]your an idiot. run 11's for under $1k? too bad you know nothing about cars. and a 14b is a little bitch ass turbo. sure if your goals are 200hp and no top end.

the turbo he is running is a straight t3 off a turbo 2.3 ford. a big t3 but definatley not too big.

a 14b is a bitch turbo? the DSM awd record for the 14b is a 12.1 at 111mph... or was a while ago...... do you have any idea how much power you have to make to push a TANK of a awd to a 12.1? ..... its a little bit more than 200hp....

you obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

the 14b was used on the DSM 2liter motor and has taken SEVERAL of them to very VERY nice times.

btw... a 14b on a GA16DE at 14psi makes 244hp on the ground..... a t28 at 13 psi makes 255.

Seriously..... the turbo is WAAAAAY to big... I could go on, but simply put.... you are wrong, and if you want your car to go faster, learn what the hell you are doing.

yeah they did it with $1K budgets but thaqt doesnt include the fucking swap they had cause you sure as fuck aint running 11's on a stock ass d16a6 and especially when your spending $1k on NEW parts not used and stolen shit like im sure the 3 cars your talking about run. stop trying to compare apples to oranges idiot.

12.1@111 isnt anything special. dsms have made over 275WHP with a shitload of boost bfd that doesnt make it a "good" turbo. and i will gaurantee you that wasnt a full weight DSM that did that either.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd glady boost my D15Z6, but with 140k+ mile on the bottom end, I think boost is the last thing it needs. Gonna find me a B20 and turbo that this summer.

Joe....watch out...your EP3 may be in danger.

oh you never saw my 230K miles a6 that i just swapped out that was boosted and never died. 140K isnt anything dude just boost that bitch.

as long as your compression is good and you have no leaks, aaand you check things like valves and all that, you can turbo a 200k car..

Is this a mini-me motor?? I think the turbo is too big as well. I think if you go slightly smaller youll see full boost sooner, you may lose some top end hp, but overall itd be a more balanced package. Im not saying use a t25 or a 14b, i think those are too small when its obvious you want more than 200whp. Honestly though, i think for the 1.5 you got in there now (1.5 right??) you arent pushing enough air to make full use of that thing. but, i may be wrong, and i bet someone will say i am :laugh:

its a 1.6. for me this thing is great. at redline (wot) then i shift the rpms drop to 5k. thats when i see full boost.

cant. no i dont have the downpipe connected to the exhaust yet and my windshield is fucked. then on top of all that i would stop by but i have to work.

Everyone is retarded.

He said he is using a larger turbo because he will be upgrading the motor eventually. Why buy a little babydick turbo, just to have to sell it and buy a bigger one later? Just buy the big one(every girl loves the BIG one) and scoot around with that untill you upgrade! :mrgreen: Very simple!

Erebuni, the setup looks sweet! I'm counting down the days untill my IC piping arrives! :thumbsup:

Back