Finally dyno'd the B16 today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
its the scale. thats why it looks jumpy. imagine a regular graph but squished. you have increments of 5 on the vertical (trq) for the same distance as increments of 1000 on the horizontal (rpm)

the single layer headgasket gives him a bump in compression... so right there hes got the torque, and the cams love than extra bump...

my only concern, is that hes on stock injectors and managemnt (well, no mention of it anyway) and that hes leaning out pretty bad up top.

lean is powerful--- but its not safe.

got an a/f graph to go along with the charts?

Quoted post[/post]]
setup:

JDM B16A
1 layer head gasket
skunk2 stage2 cams
skunk2 valve springs
toda header
apexi ws2 exhaust
carsound 2.5 cat
aem 3" cai

182 whp 128 ft/lb

what do you guys think?
thats not bad no.s..but my jdm H22a tops that without cams. before: i had stock intake manifold and head stock block with type s pistons. 11.0 compression. WR intake, skunk2 chip,vtec cont. for tunning (im sure you had that or fuel reg. or u cant tune.), Fuel reg. , kamikaze 4-1 header, 2 1/2 in exhaust with nurspec muffler and 2 1/2 high flow converter, clutch,flywheel, pulley. dynoed-------205 whp at 7400rpms and 161lbs of torque at 5400rpms

yeah y0! you can't tune with out da skunk2 chip y0!y0ne111!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
the single layer headgasket gives him a bump in compression... so right there hes got the torque, and the cams love than extra bump...

my only concern, is that hes on stock injectors and managemnt (well, no mention of it anyway) and that hes leaning out pretty bad up top.

lean is powerful--- but its not safe.

got an a/f graph to go along with the charts?
why would he lean out my fuel injectors, fuel pump(90 prelude), and rail havent ran lean yet actually ran rich on the dyno with 205hp 161torque. and no your car doesnt love lean on the dyno..thats a stupid thing to say...ive seen cars run lean then they upgrade there fuel pump, injectors and gain about 10hp.

Quoted post[/post]]
your fuel injectors?? no one cares... this is about a b16, not your h22
im just saying my H22 stock motor made shit loads of HP ,why cant a b16 my buddy had intake dc header exhaust on his sec gen b16 and made 160hp and 113torque...add a better header and cams im sure he would have been there too

Quoted post[/post]]
yea its kinda hard to believe....cuz a buddy of mine is pushing 210 whp..and he has a type r block bored out to a 2.0, fully built GSR head .. i'm not sure what hes running in it...i know one thing its f'ing fast
every dyno is different too....that 210hp car could have put 225 on the dyno that guy used it just depends certain dyno's put better no.s out , the best way to see if you gain hp is take it to the track see if your times get better.

Quoted post[/post]]
what do you mean you cant tune with out a skunk2 chip you can tune your car without an ecu upgrade...all u need is tunable parts..such as vtec cont...,fuel reg., or rom tunning ecu, cam gears,that way you can play with your fuel management and what not. but i guess you already knew that im assuming because of your quick wit

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
your fuel injectors?? no one cares... this is about a b16, not your h22
im just saying my H22 stock motor made shit loads of HP ,why cant a b16 my buddy had intake dc header exhaust on his sec gen b16 and made 160hp and 113torque...add a better header and cams im sure he would have been there too

Quoted post[/post]]
yea its kinda hard to believe....cuz a buddy of mine is pushing 210 whp..and he has a type r block bored out to a 2.0, fully built GSR head .. i'm not sure what hes running in it...i know one thing its f'ing fast
every dyno is different too....that 210hp car could have put 225 on the dyno that guy used it just depends certain dyno's put better no.s out , the best way to see if you gain hp is take it to the track see if your times get better.

Quoted post[/post]]
what do you mean you cant tune with out a skunk2 chip you can tune your car without an ecu upgrade...all u need is tunable parts..such as vtec cont...,fuel reg., or rom tunning ecu, cam gears,that way you can play with your fuel management and what not.

1) You have an h22, larger injectors than a b16a
2)brian was being sarcastic. Getting a skunk2 chip/moogen/blitz whatthefuckever generic garbage chip for your ecu is the last thing any nonricer who actually knew what they were doing would get. The guy is tuning with crome. getting a vtec controller/fpr/piggy back is no substitute for fully programmable unit. fprs, cam gears etc. are just extra parts that help narrow in on a good tune. Without a custom tune, you might as well be stock, because you are just going to blow up your motor sooner or later, usually sooner.

1) You have an h22, larger injectors than a b16a
2)brian was being sarcastic. Getting a skunk2 chip/moogen/blitz whatthefuckever generic garbage chip for your ecu is the last thing any nonricer who actually knew what they were doing would get. The guy is tuning with crome. getting a vtec controller/fpr/piggy back is no substitute for fully programmable unit. fprs, cam gears etc. are just extra parts that help narrow in on a good tune. Without a custom tune, you might as well be stock, because you are just going to blow up your motor sooner or later, usually sooner.
[/quote]
well i know that, my injectors are 345cc i believe...but look how much hp i put out, i have a buddy using b16 injectors on his lsvtec with 185hp he doesnt run lean...255lph fuel pump though. and as far as custom tunning i dont care for it. my engine never blew up...and sinister motorsport cars havnt blown up he does some of the best work that i know of. at least gets the best no.s out of your car. hondata and all the other custom tunning ecus suck ass i havnet seen any dyno more than my stock motor put out,with about the same upgrades and some with cams

Quoted post[/post]]
well i know that, my injectors are 345cc i believe...but look how much hp i put out, i have a buddy using b16 injectors on his lsvtec with 185hp he doesnt run lean...255lph fuel pump though. and as far as custom tunning i dont care for it. my engine never blew up...and sinister motorsport cars havnt blown up he does some of the best work that i know of. at least gets the best no.s out of your car. hondata and all the other custom tunning ecus suck ass i havnet seen any dyno more than my stock motor put out,with about the same upgrades and some with cams

hey retard care to explain how hondata and other ecu tunning "sucks ass"? you obvioulsy know nothing about fast cars or high horsepower or you wouldnt be making retard comments like that.

hey retard care to explain how hondata and other ecu tunning "sucks ass"? you obvioulsy know nothing about fast cars or high horsepower or you wouldnt be making retard comments like that.
[/quote]
honestly i dont care for hondata...i have seen dynos from cars tuned with hondata..i met a guy who dynoed 182hp with his h22 at the track hondata tuned..and same exact upgrades. i dynoed 205 with a vtec cont and fuel reg.. i have seen in magazines an h22 with skunk cams hondata tuned with same upgrades as me when i was stock and dynoed 196hp ...to me its a waste of time and money whey do that when i get more by tuning with a air/fuel cont. that or the owner of sinister knows how to really tune good. i think tuning with aem and hondata and other fully tunable ecus are better with turboed cars..but im not into turbos i prefer all motor. so i dont know. im just sayin what i see..i mean i dont know everything but i do know a bit to know something. me not stupid

[quote name='purestreetracer' date='Oct 24 2005, 06:46 PM' post='604161']
[/quote]
honestly i dont care for hondata...i have seen dynos from cars tuned with hondata..i met a guy who dynoed 182hp with his h22 at the track hondata tuned..and same exact upgrades. i dynoed 205 with a vtec cont and fuel reg.. i have seen in magazines an h22 with skunk cams hondata tuned with same upgrades as me when i was stock and dynoed 196hp ...to me its a waste of time and money whey do that when i get more by tuning with a air/fuel cont. that or the owner of sinister knows how to really tune good. i think tuning with aem and hondata and other fully tunable ecus are better with turboed cars..but im not into turbos i prefer all motor. so i dont know. im just sayin what i see..i mean i dont know everything but i do know a bit to know something. me not stupid
[/quote]

"i mean i dont know everything but i do know a bit to know something. me not stupid" He's right, he's not stupid, he's a fucking moron.

Congradulations on the great numbers. Can't wait to start tuning on mine. I have been looking at crome myself. The thinner gasket is a sneeky way to get more compression.

all i can say is wow...my mind is so effed up right now i cant even rant. Just do not let this guy or anyone who told him "hondata or any other fully programable ecu is a waste of money" touch your car. holy shit is all i can say. and....wow...just wow.

you guys hes a street racer, he knows more then us with his motec exhaust on his h22 with skunk2 chip. :sleeping: you run rich cause that skunk2 chip runs it stupid rich. tunable ecus are not only for turbos. id LOVE to see you try and tune an ITB setup with just a chip and a fpr.

dude, stfu. you know nothing about tuning. youre just an e-thug trying to look cool. stop shitting on this guys thread and talking out your h22

hell his setup is more impressive to me then yours. youve got 38% more displacement and only made 13% more power and only 21% more torque. good job :thumbsup:

well, i was wrong, i can admit it, so calm down. As for stock B16's puttin down more than 145 HP stock, i haven't seen it, that's all. Every dyno is different and some read higher than others. SiR II B16's are rated at 170HP also. Anyways, congrats on the numbers.
i do know for a fact tho, that the ITR cams will out perform any aftermarket can up until about 7100-7200 RPM. After that, cams like the Toda spec c's, skunk stg. 2's etc, shine. But, you won't get full power potential with them out of ur stock rev limiter. They make power till like 9500 RPM. That's my reasoning for sticking with the ITR cams....until ur motor is built to handle the high RPM's.

Quoted post[/post]]
well, i was wrong, i can admit it, so calm down. As for stock B16's puttin down more than 145 HP stock, i haven't seen it, that's all. Every dyno is different and some read higher than others. SiR II B16's are rated at 170HP also. Anyways, congrats on the numbers.
i do know for a fact tho, that the ITR cams will out perform any aftermarket can up until about 7100-7200 RPM. After that, cams like the Toda spec c's, skunk stg. 2's etc, shine. But, you won't get full power potential with them out of ur stock rev limiter. They make power till like 9500 RPM. That's my reasoning for sticking with the ITR cams....until ur motor is built to handle the high RPM's.

You will get good gains across the board with a stage 2 cam profile, whether it be m22, sk2 stg2, toda b/c, buddy club, etc. They will outperform the ITR at all places in the powerband given the right tuner. Also, rated power at the crank, which you were refering to re. the SiR II is not the same as dyno readings. Also, depending on how the engine is built, your peak may be within the confines of the stock rev limiter. The engine needs to be treated as a single unit rather than the sum of it's parts.

As stated previously, it's cool to see what a good tune does for some people. I can only hope I tune my stuff as well. I have a pm6 with dl'ing port, lamda meter, ostrich, and a tablet pc with turboedit and ecucontrol, and hope my tuning session turns out as well as yours.

Quoted post[/post]]

that can happen in the same case as yours; the dyno you used probally reads higher then those h22s in the magazine with "only" ~195whp that probally still have better mid and low.

nice numbers on the b16.

1. saying ITR cams outperform any other cam is not a fact. Its an idiotic statement. Ive had ITR cams, they were holding me back from 200+whp, I had everything done and only managed to get 185 all motor. Switched to crower stage 2 cams, boom 198whp. Re-tune, 204whp 135 wtq

i have a buddy using b16 injectors on his lsvtec with 185hp he doesnt run lean...255lph fuel pump though. and as far as custom tunning i dont care for it. my engine never blew up...

I have to call BS on that one, fuel pump or not-- I was at the 185whp mark too and my stock injectors were at 98% duty cycle, no way yours were at a safe duty cycle making that power NA

Quoted post[/post]]
you guys hes a street racer, he knows more then us with his motec exhaust on his h22 with skunk2 chip. :sleeping: you run rich cause that skunk2 chip runs it stupid rich. tunable ecus are not only for turbos. id LOVE to see you try and tune an ITB setup with just a chip and a fpr.

dude, stfu. you know nothing about tuning. youre just an e-thug trying to look cool. stop shitting on this guys thread and talking out your h22

hell his setup is more impressive to me then yours. youve got 38% more displacement and only made 13% more power and only 21% more torque. good job :thumbsup:
Hold up ...i said personally or at least personally meant i dont care for hondata...like i said i met people with tuned hondata h22's with the same shit done to the motor as i did and dynoed way less...????i dont know maybe i just seen and heard of some shity dyno's then..but without a doubt it should be better being that you can basically micro tune your car.duh thats a given but i have had my car tuned with only a FR and Vtec cont. and ive been doing just fine with the no.s and fuel managment. im sorry im just given my opinion. and i never said you can tune really good with just a chip <--which isnt a tunable part(its pretuned) and a FR. thats ridiculous....you might as well leave it alone. ya i know my car has more displacement... i dont give a shit if your impressed ..those are good no.s from a b16 i know a guy with everything done to the motor besides a bore...and stage 1 skunk cams that dynoed that...that is very impressive for not having port work. and the skunk2 yes may make me run rich beacause of the way it was programmed but thats not the point i was making your car can only run rich if the "fuel pump and injectors" allow it to. i was saying my fuel pump is doing great and my injectors too, but of course my injectors are a lot bigger too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back