Finally Finished the Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

1997 Civic CX (HB) Motor D15-B8 into D16Y7(yay 36 more horses)

After taking out the Engine I ran into problems with the Shift Linkage and I kinda Bent it fu*king it all up. I couldnt get into my Lower Gears. :( After cutting, bending, cussing and Rewelding for 4 hours We finally got it.... I have run into a couple problems maybe somebody can help me?

Its kinda overheating I checked the Thermostat and all my Cooling hoses are warm and Lots of Pressure So I know its working..

My Engine Is Overheating on the Gauge Is There Anything I need to Change.

Also I didnt Change My ECU but I think the D15 that was in there was not correct for that ECU because There were no D15's that were OBD2 So I think I have the correct ECU on there. Is there any sensor that might be fried that I need to change Please post some ideas suggestions and Anything that You want to tell me that might be hopefull on over reliability.

Thank You all for your help.. :lol: :lol: :worthy:

bleed the cooling system.
I do it by turning the car on with the radiator cap open and heater on full blast. Add water until the car no longer has air coming out of radiator and put the cap back on when it is at operating temp.

Back