Finally found out why I had trouble starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

<_< So I've been trying to get a starting problem fixed in my b18c1 swap now for about ohhh 6 months. Here is what I've tried...

new: fuel pump, injectors, fuel filter, pressure reg (on account of a suggestion from a moron from a honda dealership), fast idle valve, and main relay.

None of this did anything to help so I didn't know what else to do. I took it to the afore mentioned moron at a local honda dealership and the jerks kept my car for about a week and couldn't find the problem ----they are morons (or am I for taking it there <_< )

So far all of this is adding up and the friend I had help me with the swap (who for some reason thought I was ripping him off even though I bought him an engine hoist and stand and about a grand worth of tools and cash) didn't offer any help at all.

I recently took it to NTB to get an allignment and out of nowhere this old mechanic comes up to me compliments me on the car and tells me he thinks he can help with the starting problem. So I say (very gratefully) thanks I'll bring it in at the end of the week. So the end of the week comes around and I call the shop and the guy had gotten in a car accident :blink: !!!! Thank God he was ok though but then another two weeks goes by and I'm about to pull my hair out. I finally got ahold of the guy (he had moved to a different shop) and brought my car in to him this past Friday.

Here is what he found: My moron of a friend had snipped the hot lead from one of my fuel injectors by the shock tower thinking it was the secondary intake power and frigging jury rigged it into my f'ing fuse box (at the time I didn't know jack about wiring and even now I'm still a noob). So the damn fuel injector circuit has had an this open/short in it this entire time and I've just been getting lucky getting the car started this entire time.... Well here is the grand finale... That f'ing wire that my f'ing moron of a friend of mine spliced/cut (who since I think of myself as a fairly nice guy I'm not asking him to help me pay for it) cost me 371.00 more dollars this weekend on top of all those other parts I didn't need.

But now my car starts and runs as smooth as a babies butt so I'm content :) not ecstatic and you can all see why. However I would like to say that I think I've learned my lesson and would also like to say that if anyone has a problem with their ride living in central ohio that they absolutely can't figure out then Stan at the West side NTB is a godsend.

Sorry for the long post but I had to vent... Now everyone can yell at me for putting this in the wrong forumn and for how much of an idiot I was. :p

Ya it sould have gone in general maintance forum but o well. Glad to hear your swap is finally running, enjoy it. As for you friends well I can think of a lot of choice words for him. :ph34r:

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 19 2005, 08:59 PM
Ya it sould have gone in general maintance forum but o well. Glad to hear your swap is finally running, enjoy it. As for you friends well I can think of a lot of choice words for him. :ph34r:
[post=463273]Quoted post[/post]​

yah but hey everyone makes mistakes even if 1000+ dollar mistakes... <_<

Back