Finally got a CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kasani

After who know how long of searching I finally bought a CRX 90 dx for 600 will post pics up soon I'm in the club now lol:)

good find

btw

i have a mint set of tokico blues with H&R sport springs 250+shp
lmk

Didnt I buy my Tokico Blues w/H&R's from you like 2 years ago??? I think I mightve, I dunno...

is there a diff in front windows from a 89 crx to a 90 cause I got one froman 89 and I can't get it to fit

Last edited:
is the what diff? u talking about the door windows?

ps you might find this thread helpful as it discusses differences between CRXs by year/model...

Last edited:
can i swap an 89 door onto my 91 without any fit issues? if not, i have some 89 parts to get rid of ;)

I am pretty sure the doors will fit. I think I got confused thinking about a hatch. The hatch windows from 88-89 and 90-91 are different. I dont know about the CRX. Sorry for the confusion.

right, i still don't know if u can swap the windows, haven't had a chance to research it; i'm also curious, as i have a 91 rex and some 89 rex parts from the wreck i parted out this summer. some of those parts are glass (i.e. your question) and doors (if i can't swap the glass, can i swap the door and get around the glass bit - and would the 89 doors still seal against the 91 frame?).

if i figure anything out i'll letcha know by posting here...you too, ok?

swap the regulators over. Dril holes where old ones dont line up. Only ones thet mioght not line up are by the seat belt retractor. If both models had seatbelts in the doors then you are good to go, swap over regulators and glass.

right, i still don't know if u can swap the windows, haven't had a chance to research it; i'm also curious, as i have a 91 rex and some 89 rex parts from the wreck i parted out this summer. some of those parts are glass (i.e. your question) and doors (if i can't swap the glass, can i swap the door and get around the glass bit - and would the 89 doors still seal against the 91 frame?).

if i figure anything out i'll letcha know by posting here...you too, ok?
From what I know people swap them commonly between the 88-89 and the 90-91 doors. But the 88-89 had the B pillar mounted seat belts, and the 90-91 had door mounted seat belts so the doors should be slightly heavier for the added structural stuff. I had the same issue with this for finding glass. I believe the only exception to this was the HF.

If you swap the door you will have to mount the seatbelt in one of those 2 locations, or properly install harnesses. Hope that helps for both of you. But the tried and true method to knowing if something works is actually doing it.

Back