Finally got a K motor!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

Not in my race car though :(

I decided to trade in my wifes 09 Si (I know a k too) that had 18k miles on it while I still had some equity in it.

I picked up a 2012 SE TSX 6 speed.

So far the little bit I have driven it, Im fairly impressed with the new k24 although its somewhat boring. If I look at this as a more practical motor instead of a more exciting buzzing motor Im used to, I cant be to dissapointed all in all. The higher torque matched with the short gearing in the manual trasnmission still gives the car a "sporty" feeling and I use that loosely.

I was going to get a 4 door Genesis but the deal I was able to work was far better for this vehicle.

The SE has some nice changes over the regular model like leather and suede seats similar to the Si red and black piping..

A magnesium trans case? Interesting. The one thing Im curious about is if this has an LSD, I havent looked to hard but didnt see anything that said it did.

This is basically a 4 door Si for grown ups, kind of.

I only snapped 1 shot when we picked it up.

37940725435219218491667.jpg

Last edited:
I thought they killed the tsx off?

Either way, i've always liked those cars. Have fun with it!

Gensedan is pimp, but it's a totally different car. it's like a 5-series. where as the tsx is more of a 3

nice, i like the new TSX. i think my ol lady is going to end up with one of these after her RSX wears out in another couple years.

So far we are very pleased, no where near as boring as my Pilot!

Yeah, like others said they brought it back this year.

The thing about the Genesis was I wasnt going to be able to get a top of the line model which I typically dont do so Im not unhappy when I see the nice one go by.....

I drove the Gensedan v6 with leather last week and it was pretty frigging badass, I rode in the top of the line model too and it was even more impressive. That price range wasnt in the budget sadly!

This is more like a 3 for sure, I do like that its smaller and more nimble than the Gensedan.

I wonder if it's the same K24 that's in the new civic si?

I know the 06-08 k24a2 is highly sought after for swaps

Nice purchase :thumbsup: would love my woman to get rid of her Jetta TDI for one of those.

I love the front end. Much much much nicer than the new TL's

Thanks!

This is the same long block as the new civic si.

I know the 06-08 k24a2 is highly sought after for swaps

This is why I got lojack, plus the fact has the manual gearbox.

The new tl looks like an rl...pretty expensive too in the mid 40s

The new k24's are bastardized from what I've been reading.
The bolt pattern for the trans is the same as the rdx, unlike the rest of the K's.
And apperently the head (with its integrated exhaust manifold), isn't interchangeable with any other k head or block

well i think since they arent producing the typical k20/24 anymore they are making them interchangeable with the tsx, crv w2.5l!, accord etc.

All new Honda motors have a cast in exhaust manifold. This is done only in the name of better startup emissions. The closer the cat is to the combustion chamber, the quicker it heats up. This greatly reduces emissions during a cold start. Also history are high revving N/A motors. High revving, high compression engines rely on valve overlap to make top end power. This is also "dirty". Thank your government. At SEMA this year, I spoke in lenght to Bisi regarding the 1000hp 2012 Civic Si he built. He had retained the cast in manifold, but had done porting work to get it to the flow levels of an older K20A head.

I believe that the older heads will still be interchangeable onto these blocks.

Back