Finally got a turbo what would be best setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolSeeker

I jsut got a turbo for free I believe it's a TD05H off of a Plymouth Laser . I was wondering what would be the best/cheapest possible route to get this on my car asap. Right now I have a B18c1 w/ custom 2.5" exhaust 3-puck clutch, 6lb flywheel, direct port N2O, and all stock internals. I will definately be putting a 2mm head gasket on and ARP studs but i'm wondering what i should go with for manifold bov boost controller and all the other little stuff. And will this turbo even be a good match for my setup? Once i am ready to put the turbo kit on the direct port nitrous system will also be for sale or trade for turbo parts.....thanks for any help you can give me.

Here is some GREAT info on how to setup your car for boost. Read this article.

http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html

*** For the manifold, send a PM (private message) to hotrex. He makes some really high quality manifolds - and for a good price too.

The only thing i disagree with in that article is the use of an FMU & check valves . . . you should use chrome pro or uberdata instead.

well that turbo might die in the b18c1 but if that's the turbo u plan to run and upgrade with that flange then i dont see anything wrong

check the FI faq on h-t too

IMO, its way too small for a b-series motor. you'll hate it in a week.

this particular tdo5h is a 14g or 14b.. i forget. either way, its tiny as shit and would be better suited on a d-series than a b-series

definitely agree with brian...that is a D-series turbo...not even suitable for a B. Id dump it, personally.

you could use it on a lower hp b like a b18a or b20, but i wouldnt let a budget turbo like that touch a b18c1

ok so that turbo is out of the question i guess. What would be a good turbo to use? i'd prefer something i could get used because i am on a tight budget, so is there one off of some other car that i could use?

ok so a t3/t4 is pretty much the only option i can go with on this?? i know nothin about turbo's, i know what a t3/t4 is but what are the numbers afterwards and what do they mean?

wheel trim, compressor housing/turbine housing.

1, cuz its ss auto shit, and
2, because its stupidly mis-matched. a 50 with an 80 will suck. and o-trims are stupid big. my t67 was only an s-trim 63/63 .70 for crying out loud.

tdo5h 14b is good on any thing from a 1.5L to 2.2L. these are good for twin turboing.
these pick up quicker but die out on top end power. very good for the take off. if you want big power for dragging look into the twin turboing. good luck on that i don't know anything about it. i have this turbo and it is good for drifting or circuit racing. good on spooling up fast after you make a turn. if you have that nos set up it might be good after the turbo dies out. the nos will cool down the turbo. but i know that would be like a 35 shot of nos. for any one wanting to boost on a d series use a hf manifold. get the adapter plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back