FINALLY got my h22a swap running

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I picked up a 92 Prelude Si with a blown up h23a engine. Same day I picked that up, I found an h22a for sale locally as well. The swap has been a much bigger then bitch then any b-series swap, but hopefully this should be fun now that its finished.

Heres a quick snap of the car. No fancy shots for now.
P7030262.jpg

Here is where the engine started...

P6110259.jpg

P6110260.jpg

And this is where its at today...

P7030263.jpg

When I finally got it started (took awhile because the battery was dead and I had to hook it up to a tiny car charger) it threw a code. Turns out it was 41, so something with the 02 sensor. I will check it out later. Things I have still to do are,

-Set Ignition timing. I don't have a timing light so I have to run to the tool rental place pretty soon to do it.
-Bleed all the air out of the coolant system
-Brake in the clutch/get used to an 8lb flywheel
-Clean up wiring. Non of the harness are bolted down really so I will have to mess around with that to make the engine look a tad cleaner.

how is this swap a bitch...its seriously gotta be one of the easiest swaps of any honda out there. I did one two weeks ago..I made a common rookie mistake, and had it fixed in about 10 seconds. EGR and VSS have the same connector....as i said, quick fix. engine's running strong. makes me wish mine ran that well.

lol, its defently a matalic blue color, no purple in it. The offical name is Fresco Blue Pearl or something like that. I like the color.

thats the reflection...as for the fresco blue, i hate it not because it looks ugly, but because the two preludes that are that color in my area are both riced to hell...it just pisses me off.

Too bad you couldn't rip out that 8lbs flywheel while you had the engine out. That shit is wwaaayyyy too light for a stock motor .... trust me, it'll be the death of your tranny.

Nice ride though ... and for the price you paid for it ..... crazy. I'm jealous.

Back