FINALLY got the Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

Here they are:

I'm liking these stock rims.
gallery_34272_227_1103123037.jpg

gallery_34272_227_1103122357.jpg

gallery_34272_227_1103122714.jpg

VTEC badge
gallery_34272_227_1103122759.jpg

gallery_34272_227_1103122561.jpg

gallery_34272_227_1103122618.jpg

gallery_34272_227_1103122427.jpg

gallery_34272_227_1103122489.jpg

Notice all the crap and gook(the dirt not the asians) all over header and air filter. Is there any way I can clean that up.

Also another thing... w/ the DOHC VTEC badge....I wanna remove that. One for more of sleeper status, and to give less inspiration for the theives. Any ideas on how to do this? will a hair dryer do?

use some clean green some thing non flamable heat retardant -
badge heat gun will work then just wash up -dont hold heat gun to long or ruins the paint

I'll pick up some O da Green stuff from Pep - Boys.

I kinda wanna keep the badge...but there's mad shady characters in my neighborhood.
I know that if they're gonna steal a car, the fact that the badge is missing wont do anything deter them. But I figure why give them more reason to even look @ my car.

Now that I finally got the car, I wanna start thinking about what mods I can do. I'm thinking totally stock on the outside. I wanna mod the suspension, but I'm not really to familiar w/ that topic (need to search). Possibly some bolt ons to the engine, but for now I wanna enjoy driving the focker the way she is.

P.S. you guys name your cars?

Looks like its in great condition. :thumbsup:

Have fun modding it and im glad that you want to keep it stock looking. Always the best way to go, Good luck. :)

Congrats on the new car! I love that "arrest me red" color. lol. I think that taking off the DOHC badge is a good idea. Suggestions for the first mods: driving school, suspension upgrade, a JDM ITR rear swaybar, sticky tires.... and continue to build it up from there.

nice gsr how much?

i named my car da egg

I was able to get the guy down to 5300 from 5550.

I tried to use a blade to take the badge off last nite, but that shit is on there good. I think i might be crazy glued on there... I'll try with a hair dryer this weekend and see how that works

Hey Martine, why driving school? Did you go to a driving school? Is it really worth the cash?

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Dec 16 2004, 10:05 AM

Hey Martine, why driving school? Did you go to a driving school? Is it really worth the cash?
[post=433061]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuck yea. Driveing school is the best thing to spend your money on. Go to a road course and take them there. Its not only a shit load of fun, but it teaches you tons of shit that you will never learn by yourself.

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Dec 16 2004, 09:05 AM
[post=433061]Quoted post[/post]​

Driving schools are in the works for next year for me. I've only done some autocross so far. My bf has done a lot of driving schools and it's really really important to know how to handle your car in all situations. That's a great car you just bought and easy to build up, but you don't want to get into trouble with it when there was no reason to. And mod your car slowly, there are so many directions to go plus you don't want to waste money changing paths.

Having good car control skills... :thumbsup:

Shit, I think I need driving school... I keep spinning my tires for like 20 feet from red lights... jk jk. Seriously though, that shit sounds fun. You should definitely do it if you can afford it.

As for mods... I hear APC has got some mad crazy daft tuner gear, y0. Represent!

*Buy APC*

clean exterior, now you just need to clean the baby puke off the engine. :p

Driving schools vary greatly in price. Check out your local SCCA and BMW clubs to see what they are offering their membership. And BTW I wasn't implying that OldEMaltLiQuoR or any of you aren't good daily drivers... and it's not a good idea to practice on public roads or without proper safety equipment or support.

In the spring time, look for events like Speedtrials USA. You take your car to a roadcourse, and you get 6 30minute sessions with an instructor. For 125ish, its a great time, and worth the money. You will learn a shit load, and you'll want to get back on the track more and more.

Back