finally installed the fidanza flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

cant really tell anything besides having to hold the clutch a tad longer. Im breaking in a new clutch which i also installed(exedy stage1). Pedal pressure feels the same.

Why do people say the fidanza is hard to drive with? I drove through heavy traffic the other day and its no big deal.

Quoted post[/post]]
cant really tell anything besides having to hold the clutch a tad longer. Im breaking in a new clutch which i also installed(exedy stage1). Pedal pressure feels the same.

Why do people say the fidanza is hard to drive with? I drove through heavy traffic the other day and its no big deal.

Are your shifts any quicker with that flywheel? How about the time it takes for the revs to drop between shifts? You notice any difference in acceleration? Just curious.

i have the same clutch/flywheel setup in my prelude and yes, it did make a difference. wasn't hard to drive but the throttle was more responsive of course. i also dropped my 1/8th mile et's by 0.3 of a second.

yea the revs drop a bit quicker and acceleration seems a bit better, but that may be a psychological thing. I havent pushed it past 3K cause im still breaking it in.

revs will rise and drop faster
starting out on hills can be tricky depending on your clutch
its nothing undrivable though

i drove my ls with a six puck and a 8lb act flywheel and i had no problem but when someone else drove mine it was kinda hard for them.

Nah, easy. Katie never stalled my car with the 8 pounder, not even the first time she drove it, and that was 2 months after she learned how to drive stick!

Quoted post[/post]]
Nah, easy. Katie never stalled my car with the 8 pounder, not even the first time she drove it, and that was 2 months after she learned how to drive stick!

That's just because she's more than likely a damn good driver. I bet she can outdrive a lot of guys on this board.

I knew a lady that was an absolute natural on a manual. She went through my 6 speed on my Sentra better than I did. Never bounced the clutch (like I did all the fuggin time) or missed a shift, (like I did sometimes)... and I had driven it more than she had. Come to think of it... I really sucked at driving a 6 speed. The shifts were TOO quick.

Anyway, on with the topic. This makes me feel a little more at ease about getting a Fidanza lightened FW.

Nah, she still doesn't rev match, and she luches the engine up/down in speed with the transmission. She's just good at clutch slipping/frying (whatever you want to call it) and knows that I'd rather her kill the clutch instead of bog the engine.

:)

But yeah, she is still a pretty good driver.

i agree, i don't see any problem with a lightened flywheel. i just put another stocker in my car, but on my old 64 vw bug, i had the flywheel and a race clutch with a 1700lb pressure plate, that was harder than a 6 puck clutch on a civic. i lov my civi!

Back