Finally Liquid Cooled

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

Took me about 4 hours to install, filter out the air clean up the inside of my bird's nest of a case with a bunch of zip ties.

OMG it's almost odd not hearing the white noise of my old 6500 RPM cpu fan.

i didn't do a DIY becuase well you can get the instructions and manual right on the koolance website.

total cost was about 320 bucks that included the Koolance EXOS system, hard drive cooler, CPU 300 series cooler, GPU cooler and Chip set cooler. Most just do the GPU and CPU and I got the top of the line CPU cooler so you can save money here too.

Currently i have a 3.0 prescott P4 OC'ed to 3.6 Probably going up to 3.8 to test.

Worth the money if your tired of the noise your computer makes. All i hear now is my hard drive spinning up. Here are some pictures. if you guys ever need help if you get the system let me know or calesta who answered a few questions for me. Hint, fuck the funnel, get a big meat injector lol (as in like a turkey needle baster)

normal_DSC03454.JPG

normal_DSC03455.JPG

normal_DSC03456.JPG

normal_DSC03457.JPG

normal_DSC03458.JPG

normal_DSC03459.JPG

If you want to see the large resolution pictures click here then click on the image. http://www.purelycreative.com/eric/thumbnails.php?album=10

I know liquid cooling is the way to go for super cooling, but there's just something about having all that liquid that deep into my CPU. I'd fuck it up.
I'll stick to Zalman cooling for now

Looks kick ass

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Dec 24 2004, 09:29 AM
looks cool! any link to where you got the parts??
[post=436750]Quoted post[/post]​

KOOLANCE CPU Cooler for Water cooled kits, Model "CPU-300-H06"

KOOLANCE GPU Chipset Cooler, Model "GPU-180-L06

KOOLANCE EXOS EXTERNAL SELF-CONTAINED PC LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM, Model "EXOS-AL"

KOOLANCE Copper Motherboard Cooler for Water cooled kits, Model "CHC-A05"

Koolance Hard drive Cooler for Water cooled kits, Model HD-40-H06

total 296.95 + shipping

You can probably get the parts cheaper, in fact i have found some cheaper but by the time you ship from all the different places, you're probably gonna pay the same.

nice job!

i was looking into liquid cooling, but i said forget it. i doubt ill ever need it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Dec 24 2004, 11:46 AM-->
Does the unit come with hose?
[post=436770]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah comes with everything you need other than the parts that physically go onto the processors, thats the only part i didn't like about this system. BUT when i could do it, i wanted to do it correctly, this means i could buy better than average parts and not have to upgrade for a while.

TurboMirage
@Dec 26 2004, 11:34 PM
nice job!

i was looking into liquid cooling, but i said forget it. i doubt ill ever need it.
[post=437587]Quoted post[/post]​

You know i said that too. I really dont do anything heavy processor intensive other than the occasional game which is rare. Other than that, some heavy database stuff and possibly a big PSD open or something, but i tell you what man. With a fresh reformat the PC runs like a dream.

Only thing so far im not too fond of is, it's an asus board which i love. But on the CMOS you can check hardware temp, then asus has a windows side probe which tells temp and then you have the cooling system temp. All are monitoring the CPU temp, but none are the same. I usually just take the average between the three to tell the temp. The degree of seperation between the three is only about 4 degrees' F. But still sort of annoying.

BTW follow up on the noise factor (reason i did it in the first place) oh lord, it's a whisper comparded to it's former self, i can hear the hard drive and thats it.

yeah 3.0 cpu up to 3.8 haven't pushed it higher yet..

Originally posted by mdlax1+Dec 27 2004, 09:16 AM-->
TurboMirage
@Dec 26 2004, 11:34 PM
nice job!

[post=437587]Quoted post[/post]​

You know i said that too. I really dont do anything heavy processor intensive other than the occasional game which is rare. Other than that, some heavy database stuff and possibly a big PSD open or something, but i tell you what man. With a fresh reformat the PC runs like a dream.

Only thing so far im not too fond of is, it's an asus board which i love. But on the CMOS you can check hardware temp, then asus has a windows side probe which tells temp and then you have the cooling system temp. All are monitoring the CPU temp, but none are the same. I usually just take the average between the three to tell the temp. The degree of seperation between the three is only about 4 degrees' F. But still sort of annoying.

BTW follow up on the noise factor (reason i did it in the first place) oh lord, it's a whisper comparded to it's former self, i can hear the hard drive and thats it.
[post=437692]Quoted post[/post]​

sweet. my pc never seems to get over 95'F even when im doing all sorts of neat stuff. its hardly loud either. compared to a liquid cooled system, its loud.... but compared to most systems its very quiet.

Originally posted by mdlax1+Dec 27 2004, 08:16 AM-->
[post=437692]Quoted post[/post]​

You're supposed to be able to calibrate the Asus system tray tool... but I don't ever use it. It was screwing up my system. Maybe the newer versions of the probe work better- but mine was getting in the way of a few key system processes. I don't worry about the actual CPU temperature- I just monitor the temperature of the heat plate on the bottom of the water block and I'm good.

TurboMirage
@Dec 27 2004, 01:50 PM
sweet. my pc never seems to get over 95'F even when im doing all sorts of neat stuff. its hardly loud either. compared to a liquid cooled system, its loud.... but compared to most systems its very quiet.
[post=437838]Quoted post[/post]​

My water temp gets up as high as 100F sometimes, but that's really pushing it hard. The only drawback on my system is that it's still louder than most air cooled systems- but then again, I wasn't going for a quiet box like Eric here. My hard drives are loud, the fans are still loud... but it's better than the 23 fan tornado I used to have. :)

Eric- I had you listen to the system over the phone- how does yours compare now that it's running?

yeah it's much quieter than i heard over the phone.. lol i find myself bending over to look and see if the system is still working it's so quiet lol.

turbo, i knwo what you mean but imagine this.. mine hasn't gone over 75 yet since this.. before it was consitantly 95-100

Originally posted by mdlax1@Dec 27 2004, 03:29 PM
turbo, i knwo what you mean but imagine this.. mine hasn't gone over 75 yet since this.. before it was consitantly 95-100
[post=437871]Quoted post[/post]​

sweet! thats awesome. :D

the loudest piece of hardware is my cdrom. everything else is whisper quiet. i wish they made quiet cdroms.

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Dec 27 2004, 04:42 PM-->
@Dec 27 2004, 03:29 PM

the loudest piece of hardware is my cdrom. everything else is whisper quiet. i wish they made quiet cdroms.
[post=437880]Quoted post[/post]​

you mean you dont like the cd drives that spin it up so fast it sounds like a swarm of killer bees is in ur room?

Originally posted by b204dr+Dec 27 2004, 04:11 PM-->
Originally posted by TurboMirage@Dec 27 2004, 04:42 PM
mdlax1
@Dec 27 2004, 03:29 PM

[post=437880]Quoted post[/post]​

you mean you dont like the cd drives that spin it up so fast it sounds like a swarm of killer bees is in ur room?
[post=437893]Quoted post[/post]​

nope. i love a nice quiet system.

Back