Finally Liquid Cooled

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by mdlax1+Dec 27 2004, 02:29 PM-->
yeah it's much quieter than i heard over the phone.. lol i find myself bending over to look and see if the system is still working it's so quiet lol.
[post=437871]Quoted post[/post]​

Awesome. When I get the chance to finally rebuild the old game box into the living room PC, it'll be totally quiet too. All water cooled, Dynamat to pad out the case, and one fan. :)

TurboMirage
@Dec 27 2004, 02:42 PM
the loudest piece of hardware is my cdrom. everything else is whisper quiet. i wish they made quiet cdroms.
[post=437880]Quoted post[/post]​

They do! :) Just don't buy the cheapie $30 specials.

Hmm. I use a Plextor 40 SCSI for CD reading and a Pioneer 10x SCSI DVD for DVD reading. Both are nice and quiet.

I can't hear any of my drives over the air conditioner-ish noise of my Vantec 80x32mm Tornado CPU fan. 85 CFM w00t

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 27 2004, 05:14 PM
Hmm. I use a Plextor 40 SCSI for CD reading and a Pioneer 10x SCSI DVD for DVD reading. Both are nice and quiet.
[post=437953]Quoted post[/post]​

plextor 32x12x48 cdrw... :D

Meh, Water Cooling a Dualie is super expensive if you want to do it right....wish I'd gone with Heat pipe HS's tho, those things rock!

yea, they offer very little heat disapation.. the best out right now is liquid or better yet refrig. but im not that hard core

Most people on 2cpu that used the new Heatpipe from CoolerMaster reoported signifigant gains (like 5 degrees C) over the Swiftech (which was the leading passive HS on the market six months ago).

**werd ^^ tom's hardware hit 5.2ghz with N2 cooling!!!!!!

Back