FINALLY MADE it to the EG forum!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

y0iTsDEENOSE

alrite i traded my ef for two cars.. an si eg and a crx si impostor (added sunroof).. anywho i got rid of the crx cuz of the collision in the front and kept the si.. i look under the hood and its got a zc bottom block, y4 transmission, and a vtec head..
the block itself has a hole in it and so im thinking of replacing the whole thing with just a jdm 92-95 vti long block from hmotors... now my question is

1) will it be cheaper n easier to just swap a whole new motor in? or should i just replace the zc block?

2)is the y4 transmission cable or hydraulic??

3)is the zc swap illegal in my car since its an older motor?? or are there zc's made in '93.. wth is the english counterpart of the zc(engine code)

4)does hmotors include the harnesses with their long block packages??

my internets been cut off so ill be posting pics later :p what i can tell you is that its got holes everywhere on the dash (prolly gauges) and that it had one of those flip switch things for nos :ph34r: ... it also has a name printed in chinese characters on the bottom of the speedometer (hayame is the cars's name) thats all for now

alrite cool thanks for the help... i think ill just keep the head as a spare and buy that long block.. one question left is will i have to buy a new transmission or will the y4 transmission be compatible with the d15b longblock im going to buy???

Back