Finally made the switch to a cheap cell plan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
bye bye verizon and $98 a month. You can kiss my ass good bye. Hello Virgin mobile and $25 a month for the exact same level of service (a few talk min less, but i don't use 'em anyway) and no contract. Just waiting 12-24 hours for my old number to port. text me your numbers TOMORROW AFTER I ASK FOR THEM (so i can save them to my new phone when it's online, not my old phone)

picked up the intercept.
https://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phones/samsung-intercept-phone.jsp

215 at best buy. pays for itself after 2 months of service.

my number gets ported over in 12-24 hours, so i haven't used it yet other than to play with the menus as it has no service to it yet.

its certainly no droid, but its got android 2.1 os on it, and apps i can get just like all the rest. no contract, not ridiculous cost. unlimited nav, gps, streaming music, etc etc, for $25 and it runs on sprint 3g. can't touch it.

My plan is up in Feb. I plan on going to Virgin Mobile then, but I may opt out early. $70 a month isn't crazy but I just hate how smug Verizon is. Everyone else has been cutting prices and they aren't doing a damn thing.

Not to mention I HATE my Storm. And rather then just give me a refurbished Bold, Tour, or even Pearl when my Storm craps out, they just give me another Storm that I know is going to die. I'm on my 4th or 5th one.

will verizon cell phones work with virgin

yeah thanks, im tired of verizon as well, but love my phone lol., im deff gona check them out and see how good the coverage is in my area

welcome to the Sprint network! lol.

ive had Sprint for almost 3 years and have had nothing but good service with them well except at my dads house and he lives out in the sticks where any cell service sucks...lol. anyways, hope ya like Virgin Mobile. i had them a few years ago and they were pretty good.

Virgin is the best company in the world that Americans don't know about.

I can't get their service here. :bawling:
We just now got into Verizon's service area, and now I'm stuck in a contract with Cellular South. Their service is deteriorating quickly. Damn living out in the middle of nowhere in South Mississippi...

Sprint service is pry fine if you can somehow cut Sprint out of the equation.

You get what you pay for, Sprint's network sucks as far as getting reception, my buddy the hartford cop has sprint and he doesn't get service anywhere.

After leaving verizon and going to ATT I will never in my life complain about Verizon again.

And why would they lower their prices when people are willing to pay extra to have good service. I'm itching to get back to verizon as soon as financially possible.

Your not going to get a Ferrari for the price of a Civic.

Sprint service is pry fine if you can somehow cut Sprint out of the equation.

I had Sprint back in the day when they merged with Nextel. At that time, Cellular South was by far the best coverage you could get. We went with Cingular, who then turned to At&t- who then totally pissed me off cause they suck, and then switched to Cell South. It's been great until about 6 months ago. I guess their network is starting to get crowded like I think At&t's has, and service is getting crappy.

And why would they lower their prices when people are willing to pay extra to have good service. I'm itching to get back to verizon as soon as financially possible.

Your not going to get a Ferrari for the price of a Civic.
I had a Virgin Mobile pre-paid in high school. Never dropped a call and that was 8+ years ago. I guess that's the benefit of living this close to NYC, no service is really bad.

And worst case scenario, I can literally try every cheap plan since there are no contracts, but I think I'll be fine with Virgin Mobile.

I have had Sprint for 8 years and its been just fine, but then again I live on the opposite side of the country.

I haven't gone far with the phone yet, but so far it's comparable to my verizon service.... aka, i get 1 bar at my house, and full 200 yards away. lol

Check into getting an Airwave. Hooks up to your router and acts like a mini tower. That is if the one bar pisses you off or you start dropping calls and such. If you play your cards right they may just give you one. Well thats how it has worked with some folks I know but they are "real" Sprint customers.

Sorry about getting the name wrong up above. The folks I know who have one called Sprint retention and threatened to cancel their contract because they get shitty service in their house and they supplied the equipment and waved the monthly but if you are covered with a land line of sorts then I wouldn't bother.

Back