Finally made the switch to a cheap cell plan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I haven't gone far with the phone yet, but so far it's comparable to my verizon service.... aka, i get 1 bar at my house, and full 200 yards away. lol

Bristol + sprint is 10x worse , Bristol is a hardcore suck area for service

friend of mine has sprint... with the same phone B just got
he doesnt have any issues with service anywhere in bristol... or any other areas... hes a contractor so he travels all around the state... he has been with sprint for a while and has had no issues
his service is about on par with my verizon service... both of which are a fuck ton better than AT&Ts slow as fuck garbage ass coverage

Well, it's been a few days.

overall, i like the phone and have 0 complaints about the service.

Problem is that its a battery eater. I'm honestly getting about 8 hours out of it... and thats without using it. I disabled everything from wireless to blue tooth and all running app processes. Will fully charge over-night tonight and see what happens tomorrow. ahh well, the genny's got a usb port. I just need to get another mini usb cable to keep in the car i guess.

Looks like the issue is due to where i keep it in my office has basically no service, so it's constantly trying to find a signal which is eating the juice. I moved it a bit and it seems to be holding the charge much better now.

Yes, of course, but the issue is that it never 'charged'. I had it plugged in all day yesterday and it only got to 1/2 battery. The charger could only offer a hair more juice than was needed to power the phone looking for signals all day.

no, i had crap service still but i guess it was just enough to keep it from searching for towers.

my house is in a valley, and literally 50 feet away is full service. it just kinda skips right over us here :(

The problem is , Bristol is a valley thats why service sucks in most of bristol. B you remember where i use to live right, try gettig service there...not gonna happen

I have no regrets with my switch at all. I have effectively the same level of service for 1/4 the price, plus an android device now :)

I have no regrets with my switch at all. I have effectively the same level of service for 1/4 the price, plus an android device now :)

Right on man. Right on.

I am in the exact same dilemma when it comes to service. I am at the bottom of a hill and my house is on a road that is sloping away too so the houses at the bottom get service and top, but I'm smack dab in the middle of the damn black.

I got the phone at best buy ( was $30 cheaper than ordering it from virgin, plus no wait for shipping time) and they had my number transferred over and working about 3 hours later.

i lost 150minuets, but i don't use it anyway, so it was a non-issue to me. they have higher min plans available. unlimited data text web email etc etc and enough talk time for me for $25. can't touch this.

can't touch this.

McHammer.gif

So I was looking into that Virgin phone you got, but I can't find anything on the type of touchscreen that it has. Does it have the capacitive or resistive type of screen?

^ being a budget phone, it probably has whichever is cheaper.

Back